♡ Drunken Sailor

What will we do with a drunken sailor?

Early in the morning ! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ͦ ͦPͦhͦeͦwͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦIͦmͦ ͦtͦiͦrͦeͦdͦ ͦoͦuͦtͦ.ͦ ͦ"ͦ Sorbet said as he sat on the wet deck. He and Peppermint had just finished getting rid of all the old food and were pretty tired. It was about noon and the sun was shining ever so brightly. Peppermint sat down next to Sorbet Shark and they both took a deep breath in. The shark sat up when they noticed something in the distance. They decided to take out their telescope and look through it.

"ͦ ͦCͦaͦpͦtͦaͦiͦnͦ ͦ!ͦ ͦSͦaͦiͦlͦ ͦhͦoͦ ͦ!ͦ ͦTͦhͦeͦrͦeͦ'ͦsͦ ͦaͦnͦoͦtͦhͦeͦrͦ ͦsͦhͦiͦpͦ ͦoͦnͦ ͦsͦtͦaͦrͦbͦoͦaͦrͦdͦ ͦ!ͦ " Sorbet called out to his captain.

" Aye, I see. Let's wait ta see if they bring a spring upon her cable 'er not. " Pirate cookie called out before a rough moment of tension was shared throughout the entire crew. " Looks like we were given quarter. " The entire crew sighed.

Peppermint nudged Sorbet, " Do you get into fights with other pirates often ? "

"ͦ ͦSͦoͦmͦeͦtͦiͦmͦeͦsͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦoͦnͦlͦyͦ ͦwͦhͦeͦnͦ ͦcͦoͦoͦkͦiͦeͦsͦ ͦtͦrͦyͦ ͦtͦoͦ ͦsͦtͦeͦaͦlͦ ͦoͦuͦrͦ ͦsͦuͦpͦpͦlͦiͦeͦsͦ ͦoͦrͦ ͦiͦfͦ ͦwͦeͦ ͦnͦeͦeͦdͦ ͦtͦoͦ ͦsͦtͦeͦaͦlͦ ͦfͦrͦoͦmͦ ͦtͦhͦeͦmͦ.ͦ ͦTͦhͦaͦtͦ'ͦsͦ ͦwͦhͦyͦ ͦmͦoͦsͦtͦ ͦpͦiͦrͦaͦtͦeͦsͦ ͦsͦtͦeͦaͦlͦ ͦfͦrͦoͦmͦ ͦtͦhͦeͦ ͦnͦaͦvͦyͦ,ͦ ͦbͦeͦtͦtͦeͦrͦ ͦsͦtͦeͦaͦlͦ ͦfͦrͦoͦmͦ ͦcͦoͦoͦkͦiͦeͦsͦ ͦwͦhͦoͦ ͦkͦeͦeͦpͦ ͦtͦhͦeͦiͦrͦ ͦeͦyͦeͦsͦ ͦcͦlͦoͦsͦeͦdͦ ͦwͦhͦiͦlͦeͦ ͦsͦhͦoͦoͦtͦiͦnͦ ͦtͦhͦaͦnͦ ͦdͦeͦaͦlͦ ͦwͦiͦtͦhͦ ͦoͦtͦhͦeͦrͦ ͦpͦiͦrͦaͦtͦeͦsͦ.ͦ ͦ" Sorbet Shark explained. It was kind of a tough life being a pirate, huh ? You have to steal or spend hours fishing just to get food . . . No wonder there's such a dispute between the navy and the pirates. 

There aren't enough supplies on the open ocean to support so many pirate ships, so stealing is needed to survive. Peppermint thought long and hard about this, suddenly everything made sense. He felt bad for Sorbet, honestly. There 𝘏𝘈𝘋 to be a way for them to be able to be friends still. Peppermint refused to believe it was impossible for them to be friends, and he was going to prove it. What was it that his captain said again . . . ?

" Hey, Sorb ? " Peppermint said as he tugged Sorbet Shark's sleeve.

"ͦ ͦHͦmͦmͦ ͦ?ͦ ͦWͦhͦaͦtͦ'ͦsͦ ͦwͦrͦoͦnͦgͦ ͦ?ͦ ͦ" He turned around to ask the sailor, after sensing discomfort in their voice.

" Can we talk together, just the two of us ? I need to tell you something . . . " Peppermint said, his eyes seemed to be clouded in some sort of painful emotion, it made the shark uneasy, to say the least.

"ͦ ͦOͦkͦaͦyͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦuͦhͦmͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦsͦuͦrͦeͦ.ͦ ͦ"ͦ He said as he took Peppermint's hand and took them to the first mate's cabin. "ͦ ͦSͦoͦ ͦuͦhͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦwͦhͦaͦtͦ'ͦsͦ ͦoͦnͦ ͦyͦeͦrͦ ͦmͦiͦnͦdͦ ͦpͦoͦpͦpͦeͦtͦ ͦ?ͦ ͦ"

Peppermint took a deep breath in, " My captain is trying to hunt you down . . . to . . . turn you in so you can be killed. But, she said that if you could hide in the ice crystal cave for a week after you escape . . . that they would let you live as the first pirate to ever escape them . . . "

"ͦ ͦRͦeͦaͦlͦlͦyͦ ͦ?ͦ ͦEͦsͦcͦaͦpͦiͦnͦgͦ ͦiͦsͦ ͦeͦaͦsͦyͦ.ͦ ͦIͦfͦ ͦmͦyͦ ͦcͦaͦpͦtͦaͦiͦnͦ ͦdͦoͦeͦsͦnͦ'ͦ ͦcͦoͦmͦeͦ ͦrͦeͦsͦcͦuͦeͦ ͦmͦeͦ ͦIͦ ͦcͦaͦnͦ ͦjͦuͦsͦtͦ ͦbͦiͦtͦeͦ ͦtͦhͦeͦ ͦlͦoͦcͦkͦ ͦoͦfͦfͦ ͦoͦrͦ ͦlͦiͦfͦtͦ ͦtͦhͦeͦ ͦcͦeͦlͦlͦ ͦdͦoͦoͦrͦ ͦwͦiͦtͦhͦ ͦaͦ ͦpͦiͦeͦcͦeͦ ͦaͦ ͦwͦoͦoͦdͦ ͦoͦrͦ ͦsͦoͦmͦeͦtͦhͦiͦnͦ'ͦ ͦ," He said, dismissing the fact that the navy general was out for his blood.