♡ Not All Treasure is Glitter and Gold

The image of my sweetheart's face

It fires the heart and sets the pace

Whate'er the time, whate'er the place

I'll find him through the depths of space

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Sorbet awoke to a sleepy Peppermint holding him captive. He immediately started blushing before carefully trying to escape before the sailor tugged on him to stay. They waited for a few minutes before eventually trying to wake Peppermint up by shaking them.

"ͦ ͦPͦeͦpͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦPͦeͦpͦpͦyͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦPͦeͦpͦpͦeͦrͦmͦiͦnͦtͦ ͦ!ͦ ͦ"ͦ The shark said, shaking his friend before they finally woke up and started to blush themselves, quickly removing themselves from each other. They got up out of the bed and awkwardly stood next to each other.

" We're not gonna talk about this again, right ? " The sailor asked, to which Sorbet nodded fastly.

"ͦ ͦSͦoͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦaͦrͦeͦ ͦyͦeͦ ͦrͦeͦaͦdͦyͦ ͦtͦaͦ ͦsͦeͦeͦ ͦtͦhͦaͦ ͦtͦrͦeͦaͦsͦuͦrͦeͦ ͦnͦoͦwͦ ͦ?ͦ " Sorbet Shark asked.

" Of course I am ! " Peppermint said, breaking the awkward nature of the air into the exhilaration of excitement. 

"ͦ ͦTͦhͦeͦnͦ ͦlͦeͦtͦ'ͦsͦ ͦgͦoͦ ͦ!ͦ ͦ ͦ" Sorbet said as he dragged Peppermint out to the deck where they jumped into the water. Peppermint took a little bit to get used to using his water resistance again before Sorbet started to guide him to the middle of the cave.

" How did you find this place . . . ? " The sailor asked as they waded through the water.

" We used to have a map, but it got lost in the ocean so we needed the compass to find it again ! " Sorbet said as they continued to swim into the middle of the cave.

" But why here . . . Why did you take me here ? " Peppermint said, looking around at all of the riches before noticing Sorbet was a cookie again and in fact digging through the piles of gold and trinkets.

The pirate shark kept digging for a little while, hopping from pile to pile before finally they let out a yelp of pain, seems they poked themself on something. Sorbet smiled and walked back to Peppermint. "ͦ ͦFͦoͦrͦ ͦtͦhͦiͦsͦ ͦ!ͦ ͦ"

The sailor looked at the trinket, it was a fancy enamel pin in the shape of a shark fin. Peppermint took it and started to rub the edges of it lightly. " It's so pretty . . . and kind of ironic you would find something like this here . . . "

"ͦ ͦAͦyͦeͦ,ͦ ͦtͦhͦaͦtͦsͦ ͦbͦeͦcͦaͦuͦsͦeͦ ͦiͦtͦ ͦnͦoͦtͦ ͦbͦeͦ ͦfͦrͦoͦmͦ ͦtͦhͦiͦsͦ ͦrͦoͦoͦmͦ.ͦ ͦIͦ ͦoͦnͦcͦeͦ ͦoͦwͦnͦeͦdͦ ͦtͦhͦiͦsͦ ͦpͦiͦnͦ,ͦ ͦIͦ ͦhͦaͦdͦ ͦfͦoͦuͦnͦdͦ ͦiͦtͦ ͦdͦeͦeͦpͦ ͦiͦnͦ ͦtͦhͦeͦ ͦoͦcͦeͦaͦnͦ ͦaͦnͦdͦ ͦiͦtͦ'ͦsͦ ͦmͦeͦaͦnͦtͦ ͦaͦ ͦlͦoͦtͦ ͦtͦoͦ ͦmͦeͦ.ͦ ͦIͦ ͦlͦeͦfͦtͦ ͦiͦtͦ ͦhͦeͦrͦeͦ ͦbͦeͦcͦaͦuͦsͦeͦ ͦIͦ ͦtͦhͦoͦuͦgͦhͦtͦ ͦtͦhͦiͦsͦ ͦcͦaͦvͦeͦ ͦbͦeͦ ͦcͦuͦrͦsͦeͦdͦ ͦfͦoͦrͦ ͦpͦiͦrͦaͦtͦeͦsͦ ͦaͦnͦdͦ ͦiͦfͦ ͦIͦ ͦdͦiͦdͦnͦ ͦlͦeͦaͦvͦeͦ ͦsͦoͦmͦeͦtͦhͦiͦnͦ ͦeͦrͦeͦ ͦIͦ ͦwͦoͦuͦlͦdͦ ͦhͦaͦvͦeͦ ͦbͦaͦdͦ ͦlͦuͦcͦkͦ.ͦ ͦ" Sorbet started off but then he took the pin back and attached it to Peppermint's hat. "ͦ ͦBͦuͦtͦ ͦaͦlͦaͦsͦ,ͦ ͦIͦ ͦbͦeͦlͦiͦeͦvͦeͦ ͦyͦeͦ ͦsͦhͦoͦuͦlͦdͦ ͦhͦaͦvͦeͦ ͦiͦtͦ.ͦ ͦ"

" So you came all this way . . . just to give me a pin that meant something to you ? " Peppermint gazed back at Sorbet.

"ͦ ͦAͦyͦeͦ,ͦ ͦiͦtͦ ͦbͦeͦ ͦoͦnͦeͦ ͦoͦfͦ ͦtͦhͦeͦ ͦmͦoͦsͦtͦ ͦiͦmͦpͦoͦrͦtͦaͦnͦtͦ ͦtͦhͦiͦnͦgͦsͦ ͦtͦoͦ ͦmͦeͦ ͦiͦnͦ ͦtͦhͦeͦ ͦwͦoͦrͦlͦdͦ,ͦ ͦwͦhͦiͦcͦhͦ ͦiͦsͦ ͦwͦhͦyͦ ͦiͦtͦ ͦwͦoͦuͦlͦdͦ ͦsͦeͦtͦtͦlͦeͦ ͦtͦoͦ ͦgͦeͦtͦ ͦrͦiͦdͦ ͦoͦfͦ ͦaͦ ͦcͦuͦrͦsͦeͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦ.ͦ ͦbͦuͦtͦ ͦiͦtͦ ͦwͦoͦuͦlͦdͦ ͦbͦeͦ ͦaͦ ͦsͦhͦaͦmͦeͦ ͦiͦfͦ ͦsͦoͦmͦeͦtͦhͦiͦnͦgͦ ͦaͦsͦ ͦeͦqͦuͦaͦlͦlͦyͦ ͦiͦmͦpͦoͦrͦtͦaͦnͦtͦ,ͦ ͦlͦiͦkͦeͦ ͦmͦeͦ ͦbͦeͦsͦtͦ ͦfͦrͦiͦeͦnͦdͦ,ͦ ͦwͦoͦuͦlͦdͦ ͦnͦoͦtͦ ͦhͦaͦvͦeͦ ͦsͦuͦcͦhͦ ͦaͦ ͦtͦrͦeͦaͦsͦuͦrͦeͦ.ͦ ͦ"ͦ He said proudly, letting his admiration shine through vividly.