♡ Shark Bait

So I give you fair warning before we belay,

Way aye blow the man down

Don't ever take head of what pretty girls say.

Give me some time to blow the man down!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next few days Sorbet Shark and Peppermint sailed the seas, waiting to be led to Peppermint's ship with the compass, despite there being some issues with the compass pointing towards Sorbet. Eventually, they found the ship, once again leaving Pirate cookie anxious as all hell.

" Hey uh . . . Captain Pirate sir ? I have a question to ask of you before I go back . . . " Peppermint asked.

" What is it ? " The pirate said, anxiety edging in their voice.

" What does ' poppet ' mean ? " The sailor asked. This just made Pirate cookie more nervous.

" Well, poppet normally means someone pretty, young, and more typically, a female . . . If someone be callin ye poppet they probably think ye be pretty, no doubt in me mind they'd have to be vexxed to say such a thing. " The captain said, getting more nervous as they approached the ship.

" That . . . explains a lot .  .  . but what is vexxing ? " They asked, desperate to know everything about this before it was too late, he was nervous to ask so that's why he put it off till the last minute.

" Vexxing be something special yet cursed. It's amazin' yet every pirate fears it. It be love, but when love moves in, passion may move out. Every pirate fears bein' vexxed as the urge ta settle with their vexxer moves in place of the passion ta be a pirate. Tons a pirates have retired just to be with tha vexxer, and leave themselves vexxed and separated from the true freedom of a pirate's life. " Pirate cookie managed to get out before freezing up as their ship started to sail right next to Captain Ice Cookie's ship.

Peppermint just stared at the pirate for a second, taking this all in until they realized they were right next to their captain's ship. " Captain ! Captain Ice ! " Peppermint called out, getting his captain's attention to the Black Sugar next to the Icepeircer.

" PEPPERMINT !? WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THOSE PIRATES !? " Captain Ice cookie yelled in rage.

" I joined them for a week ! Don't hurt them ! " The sailor called out to Captain Ice.

" NOT HURT THEM !? OF COURSE I'M GONNA HURT THEM ! IF EVEN A SINGLE ONE OF EM STEPS FOOT ON MY SHIP AGAIN I'M GOING TO CUT THEIR HEADS OFF ! " The captain yelled in fury.

" Captain, don't ! I went with them ! They didn't kidnap me ! " Peppermint called back.

Peppermint grabbed ahold of a rope before Sorbet frantically picked Peppermint up and grabbed onto the rope instead, so they didn't risk dropping their shell while swinging over. The shark was immediately held at gunpoint. Peppermint quickly stood in front of Sorbet and looked at his captain with pleading eyes.

" Please . . . they kept me safe . . . " The sailor said desperately, hoping their captain would give them some sort of mercy. Captain Ice cookie looked at them, confused before sighing.

" Fine, keep them locked up, we will return them to port ice candy. " The captain said before walking off, letting Sorbet get tied up once more and brought to the bottom of the ship deck, but despite this, he left with a smile. At least Peppermint was safe.

.  .  .

The shark sighed as he was put into a jail cell once again, said to be hanged within a week for escaping too many times, as per usual. How was he going to get out of this ? Instead of pretzel's the bars were made of rock candy which is harder to chew through and tastes disgusting when it's used for construction.