6

Matteo Romano

Matteo Romano

Emma and I lay on the ground at the lake and are looking at the stars in the sky.

How cliche

To be honest the only one here looking at the stars is Emma, I'm looking at her. I can't keep my eyes off of her. My mind is getting crazy about the way I feel so free around her. It's a lovely feeling, but it scares me.

She is a beautiful woman. Long brown hair. A body like a goddess, her legs, her tits, her pretty smile, not her fake one, her pink pretty lips, her little nose with a small birthmark on the left, her sarcasm, she's smart, knows when to shut up and then those eyes, those beach eyes. You could drown in them.

she looks like she's deep in her thoughts, I wonder what goes on in that head of hers. What she thinks of me.

"Matteo?"
I see her turn around and she looks at me.
"Hmh" I hummed

"Have you ever been in love?" She asked in a whisper.

I was taken aback by the question
This was not the question i expected.

"Have you?" I asked back, not knowing what to say.

"I don't know, you?" She sighs
I guess she's not alone.

"I don't know either" I say and I lay down on my back again.

"I think I made myself believe I was in love with him."

"Why?"

"Cause he was a bad guy, he didn't treat me right and was toxic, he slept with other girls while he was in a relationship with me. I see that now, but back then I didn't, I couldn't.
I would've done anything for him. Just because he gave me the attention i didn't get from anyone else at the moment. Pathetic actually."
I turn my head to look at her.
A bad guy huh?

"I'm also a bad guy."

"You're not." She snapped "Matteo, You treat your loved ones and also me really good. With respect, well sometimes" she chuckles

"You love your siblings and you care for them, a lot. You would do anything tho protect the people you love. So Matteo, you're not a bad guy. Yes you do bad things and you're definitely not a saint, but that doesn't mean you are bad. No one is a saint"

I don't know why, but it makes me feel so many fucking things when she says that. I was scared she was going to see me as the thing people call me,
il diavolo. (The devil)

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when she speaks again."But back to my question,  have you ever been in love?"
Am I really going to tell her? Why should I? You know what. fuck it, she told me her story. It's only fair to tell a little about mine.

"I guess so. I'm not so sure...."I tell her honestly.
"She cheated on me. I found her with my older cousin, my best friend.
A week later my cousin was dead and she was gone, she ran back to her brother."

"I'm sorry that happend to you. You didn't deserve that. What was her name? You don't have to te-" I cut her off "
Her name was Nikita." "Oh. I-I'm sorry, I know how it feels like. It fuckes with your mind, thinking you did something wrong."

"Yeah, pretty fucked up shit."

"I guess we're both fucked up then." She said.

"No, amore, we're not the fucked up ones in this situation, they are. Especially your ex, how couldn't he see how special you are?" I say in a calm tone .
She looks at me with that smile, but her lips closed. A happy smile. And her eyes have a little sparkle in them. I love it when she smiles, it makes me happy to know that's she's happy.
And the fucked up thing is that I don't even know why.

"I don't understand why Nikita would ever cheat on someone like you."

"Why is that?"

"I don't know... , you don't like people very much and you treat the people you do like and love amazing. I can't imagine how you would treat the love of your life." A smile reaches her lips. "You would probably treat her like a goddess."

"i thought i did so, guess not."

"You probably did, you know, my grandmother learned me something back in the days, you wanna know what?"

"Sure"
"She used to tell me this every time I cried over this boy who broke up with me when I was 10 while drawing at school." We both chuckle at that. But she continues "he took my drawing and literally wrote 'I'm breaking up, it's not me but you'" she chuckles before she continues

"But back to the story, She told me that there are a 7 billion people on this planet, that's a lot. You can't even count that on your hands." she says the last sentence in a voice that must represent her grandmother

"and if you want someone to love you as much as you love them, you have to find that one person in all those seven billion people, so of course your heart is going to break a few times, cause it's like looking for a needle in a haystack , but the one person you find in the end is going to heal it for you."
Het grandma has some damn good ways with words. And a very smart woman.

I don't know what came over me but I had to ask.
"Emma?"

"Yes.?"

"Can I hold you?"
I don't know what's happening, I've never hugged someone after I turned 17. But it feels like it's the right to do. "Just for a little while" I add quickly.
God why am I so fucking nervous

She looks at me confused and a little amused. "Okay." She whispers.

I lay closer to her and wrap my arms around her body. She makes herself comfortable and lays her head on my chest. I put my chin on her little head and close my eyes, I'm not going to sleep. I'm just going to enjoy this moment.

She fits Perfect

"I could lay like this forever, amore."
"Hmh" she hummed before I hear her breaths becoming even.
After an hour just hugging and laying there with Emma I pick her up in bridal stile, while she's still asleep. I put her slowly in the car. And when we arrive Back home I put her in her bed, giving her a small kiss on her cheek "good night, amore"

I go to my own room.
Falling in sleep with her on my mind.

Il mio amore.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

Word count) 1117