Chapter 14

Holden's pov.

"Yes, because that's how this relationship works! You belong to me, not the other way around!" I boomed, making Claire flinch and step back. "I'm not discussing this with you anymore. You can clean yourself up and get ready for bed, but don't bother me anymore tonight." I stated, trying to do some damage control.

I watched her go into the bathroom and I slowly rubbed both my hands down my face. I regretted everything I had said to her. My temper got the better of me and I just snapped. I could apologize, but I feel like that would just make things worse and start up another argument. We both needed our time to calm down.

She stepped out of the bathroom and I looked at her our of my peripheral. She had on one of my t-shirts. It almost looked like a mini dress on her. I couldn't tell if she was wearing anything under my shirt, but every ounce of me was dying to find out.

She slowly walked to the couch and wrapped herself in a blanket, her back facing me. I could hear could hear her sniffle every now and then, indicating she was crying. My heart ached in my chest. I wanted to go pick her up and cuddle her in my bed, but I knew I shouldn't.

Once the sniffles had stopped, I assumed she had fallen asleep. I got up from my desk and went over to her, peering over at her eyes to make sure she was asleep. When I confirmed that she was, I slowly ran my fingers through her hair. My mind went to how my sister had done this earlier, igniting the jealousy I had felt again.

I walked away from the couch and over to my bed. I took my shirt off and threw it on the floor, before climbing in my bed and burying my face in a pillow. I turned on my back and stared up at the ceiling. I wanted to just tell her the truth, which is I'm terrified. I've never felt this was for another creature before and her being my pet makes it so much worse. If I could, I would bond to her immediately. It would never happen, bonding is strictly for leviathans. 

"She doesn't feel the same about you, anyways. You're a monster to her."

                                ~~~

I woke up the next day and the memories from last night hit me. I didn't think it was possible to hate myself more today than I did yesterday.

I sat up and looked over at the couch, where Claire was sleeping. She wasn't there and my eyes immediately started scanning the room. They locked onto her at the window. She was sitting down with her knees pulled against her chest, both arms were wrapped around them and her head was resting on them. I could only assume, she was staring at the garden again.

I got up out of my bed and walked over to the bathroom, getting everything ready to clean myself up. While I was in the pool, I thought of everything I had done wrong.

"One, you drank from her soul and ultimately scarred her. Two, you yelled at her and terrified her. Three, you developed feelings for her."

I brushed that last thought off and focused on the other two. I had no clue how I was going to make it up to her.

After I got done showering, I stepped out with my towel and went to my closet. I got dressed in my usual suit and sat down at my desk. Claire never moved from her spot.

A bright idea passed through my head and I picked up my tablet, turning the coms on. I sent a message to the director of the auctions and got the name and ID number of the creature that dressed her. I sent her a message, offering to pay her to dress Claire again. Once I saw she accepted, I grinned and looked over at Claire.

My happy mood was ruined by a ring at my door. I looked at who it was and it was my assistant with her Zivel. I opened the door and he stepped in, the Zivel resting on his shoulders. It saw Claire and ran to her. She gasped and pulled it into a hug, it put its paws on her face.