Chapter 10

Claire's pov.

"PET!" I was woken up by Holden's stern voice.

I remembered what happened last night and how I fell asleep in his bed.

"Oh shït. I'm in trouble."

I slowly got up and got off the bed.

He was standing with his arms folded in front of his chest. "Would you care to explain why you were in my bed this morning?"

I looked down at the floor, not wanting to look him in the eyes.

"PET." He seethed.

"You were asleep. I got up to look outside the window. I didn't know if you were awake or not, but you started saying stuff in your sleep. So, I  went over to you. While I was trying to figure out if you were awake or not, you grabbed me and pulled me in the bed." I explained quietly.

His expression softened and he unfolded his arms. I could tell he felt bad now.

"Just don't come near the bed again, unless I say so." He sighed.

"Yes, Sire." I answered and sat on the couch.

He went to the desk and went back to looking at holographic tablets. I wondered what it was he did exactly.

I watched him put a tablet down and rub his temples.

"Pet, come here." He motioned for me.

I slowly got off the couch and walked over to him. He pulled me onto his lap and put his face in the crook of my neck. One of his arms snaked around my waist and the other rested on my thigh. He gave my thigh a squeeze, with his hand. My heart was racing, fearing what happened yesterday would happen again.

"Are you okay?" I mumbled out.

"What the hell, Claire? Why do you care?"

"Yes, pet. I'm just looking over a few important things, it's stressful." He brought the arm around my waist up and played with my hair.

"It seems like you're an important person." I stumbled on my words.

"You have no idea, pet." He slid his hand higher up on my thigh and my breath hitched.

"What exactly are you to your kind?" I barely got my question out, the desire growing stronger.

He moved his head back, so I could look him in the eyes. "I'm the ruler of my kind, pet. All of them obey me."

I froze. The king of an alien species OWNS me. Me, of all things.

"Wait, can't you just say no to bonding with that other woman of your kind? Since, you know, you're the king?" I asked confused.

"It's not that simple, pet. I could refuse her, but that would go against my parents. My father is the rightful king, but he's very ill. I'm stepping in for him, as king. She's also the daughter of another powerful family. She shares some of the powers I posses. If I refused her, there's no telling what she would do. Not everyone in my kind has the same powers. Some don't have any at all." He explained, sounding defeated.

"Well, what are you stressing over?" I tried to change the subject.

"About twenty years ago, one of the most powerful women in my kind, fled from our planet. The only thing she took was her daughter. I don't know what planet she fled to. I've been searching for ten years. By now, the daughter should be fully grown. If I found her and brought her back, I wouldn't have to bond to Vera." He said, while stroking my back.