Chapter 1

Claire's pov

I stood on the stage, looking out at millions of faces. I've made it. I was finally going to be apart of something big in history.

"It is with great honor I announce, that our NASA team have finally perfected intergalactic travel and have detected life in another galaxy!" My father announced to all of America.

The crowd went wild, with cheers and applause. My father calmed the crowd down.

"The world has always wondered if we were the only galaxy sustaining life. Thanks to our NASA team, who worked tirelessly, we no longer have to wonder. This is a big step for America and I'm proud to say, my daughter, will be one of the people traveling to the new galaxy!"

The crowd went crazy. The cheers and applause were overwhelming. I looked over at, Sean, my father's best bodyguard. He gave me a wink and smirked. I blushed and looked back towards the crowd of people.

"Claire, your mother would have been so proud of you. I know she's looking down on you smiling, right now." My father spoke to me.

I wiped a tear, that escaped my eye, away. My mother passed away four years ago, due to her health rapidly declining.

"I would also like to thank the other two people, who will be accompanying my daughter on the journey. Calvin Mathers and Davonte Stevens, thank you for your service and bravery. I want to wish all three of you the best of luck tomorrow. May God be with you on your journey." My father ended his speech and started answering some of the reporter's questions.

As I was exiting the stage, I overheard one of the questions.

"Mr. President, What happens if the team gets stuck in the other galaxy? Your daughter is the Captain. How would you feel about that?"

"I believe my daughter will act accordingly to any situation she encounters. She's earned the title 'captain' for a reason. She would find her way back." My father beamed proudly.

I smiled, walking away from the stage to join my crewmates.

"Dude, we're only going to be gone for three days. Why on earth would you need a pörn magazine?" Davonte criticized, looking at Calvin.

"We can't take our phones. What if I get lonely?" Calvin shot back.

"Calv, if you jïzz in the ship, it's going to float everywhere." Davonte explained, clapping Calvin on the shoulder.

"I can't believe I'm going to be stuck in a ship with you two, for three days." I let out a sigh.

"You would be bored out of your mind with anyone else." Calvin laughed.

I rolled my eyes and looked back toward the stage at Sean. We've only been seeing each other for a few months, but I couldn't be more in love. He was everything I wanted in a guy. He was smart, caring, funny, and good looking. My father would have a complete breakdown, if he knew about us. I wanted to go public, despite what my father would say. Sean didn't think we were ready for that though.

"Staring at soldier boy on stage, I see." Davonte loudly whispered in my ear.

"Shhh, someone might hear you." I playfully shoved him.

"I don't know why you two haven't came out, yet." Davonte said, shaking his head and folding his arms in front of his chest.

"We're just not ready." I shrugged. "It's not that big of a deal."

"Is it you that's not ready or him?" Davonte questioned, raising an eyebrow.

I gave him a dirty look. Davonte knew me better than anyone. Him and Calvin were my best friends, after all.