Chapter 22

Claire's pov.

"Claire, wake up!" A voice called out to me, followed by hands shaking me.

I rolled over and rubbed my eyes, Cal and Amira standing next to my bed. "What is it this time?"

"Amira's father knows we're here and not in the cells," Cal blurted out.

That got me to sit straight up in bed, "What's going to happen? Did he say what he was going to do?"

"From my understanding, Felise convinced him to let you both live." Amira spoke up.

"Okay, I feel like there's some bad news." I drew my legs up to my chest.

"You have to stay here with me, as my pet. You're no longer allowed to be with Holden," Amira's voice dropped.

My heart felt like it shattered into a million pieces, "He can't do that!"

Cal sat on the bed and pulled me into a hug and I nearly burst into tears.

"At least, this gives Holden more motivation to find the queen and princess." Amira said, looking on the brighter side of things. "Do you want to hear the good news?"

I looked at her with a blank expression and she took it as a yes, "You'll get to see Holden today. I'm going to his house to tell him about the plan."

"Is Cal going? Are you two, you know?" I placed my hands together, emphasizing the bond.

"Cal won't be going, just in case." Amira could hardly say without a smile.

"You two did it! You're bonded to each other now!" I squealed.

"Yes, we're bonded." Cal admitted, chuckling softly.

"I'm happy for the both of you, truly. I'm just also very scared for you too." I confessed, looking between the two of them.

"We know, but we're going to be extremely careful." Cal chimed in, "I'm also fine with staying here, as long as you're with her."

"Yes, so let's get you ready!" Amira grabbed my hand to pull me out of bed and I complied.

She led me into her room and into her enormous walk-in closet. There were rows upon rows of clothes. One entire area was dedicated to nothing but dresses. Words escaped me, as I took the whole place in.

"I might have bought you a bunch of clothes. I guessed on your size, so you can go through them and see if they fit you. If they don't, or if you dont like them, we can shop for more." Amira showed me a section of clothes that did look my size. "Here's the dress wand to make it easier on you." She handed it to me and then left me in the closet to change.

I looked through the clothes, trying to find something I would like.

"Or that Holden would like."

I quickly brushed that thought off, embarrassed it even crossed my mind and picked a simple dark blue dress. It was very plain and didn't go past my knees. There were no designs or extra features to it. I waved the wand over it and then over my body. The material just appearing over my body in an instant.

"I'll never get used to that."

I picked up some off white sandals to go with it and I stepped out of the closet. I did a little twirl for Amira.

"You look great!" She enthused, "Give me five minutes and I'll be ready to go." She walked into her closet and the door shut.

I sat on a little couch she had in her room, waiting on her to get done. When she came out, she had on a peach colored dress that was the same length as mine. Hers had jewels resembling diamonds on the neckline and her straps were made of them.