Date with a Lion Cub

A sensation of irritation overtook me and my body flung up jolting awake. As if I sensed someone's presence my eyes went wide. A high-pitched squeal of surprise drew my eyes to a flustered Noelle at the edge of my bed.

"I'm sorry I was only trying to wake you." Ah, I slept like a log. The sun seemed to be high in the sky and the inside of my room felt muggy.

"It's fine, I'm normally a lighter sleeper than this. So what's up?" She blushed and mumbled something about picking up the ointment for Asta and I laughed cupping my hand to my ear in a motion to tell her to speak up.

"Would you like to go shopping with me? There are some things I need and had no one to go with." I blinked in surprise and smiled big. I hadn't been shopping in forever and it would be nice to get a little gift for Yuno.

"I would love that Noelle! Help me pick out my outfit!" I get up and head to my closest digging through things that I thought would be okay to wear. I pull out many different dresses and she glances through them. Her eyes sparkle here and there as she looks at the fine details Inda has sewn into each one.

"This one! At least for today!" She holds up a cute one that Inda had begged me to wear. I always told her no because I said it would make me look like an assistant to some young lady. She had laughed and told me I would be the Lady, not the assistant.

 She had laughed and told me I would be the Lady, not the assistant

"It will go perfect with your brown hair and gold eyes. Very classy." I laughed and slowly put it on as Noelle admired how it looked on me. I gave my hair a loose french braid and grabbed my pouch of money.

"Can we make sure we stop at a weapons shop? I need to buy magic items and a few gifts for Yuno."

We walk out of my room and to the lounge running into a few of the members, some of whom I haven't met yet, who were lounging away.

"Where are you two going dressed all fancy," Yami asks as he puffs out his cigarette. I smile and head towards the door. I stop when I see Vanessa's five wine bottles deep in alcohol.

"We plan to go shopping! And Vanessa I won't make that potion for you if you keep over-drinking!" She laughs and points to three guys from left to right.

"I know! Also, these are some other members you haven't met yet! Gauche Adlai, Gordon Agrippa, and Finral Roulacase!" I smile at them and turned my attention to Finral.

"Ah, Finral is the other brother, right?" Surprise flits across his face then embarrassment.

"I'm guessing from the look on your face you had a run-in with my little brother Langris," Finral says walking up to me.

"Ah, yes I did. It's a pleasure to meet you." He chuckles and puts his arm around my shoulders.

"How about I take you to dinner to make up for it?" Ah there it is, the womanizing Vanessa told me to be careful around. Vanessa stands up and points at me and Finral.