Royal Magic Knights

Mereoleona and I grew close, everyone in the Crimson Lion squad knew me by name at this point. I had taken Mereoleona up on her sparring offer and went to HQ almost every day. I wanted to join the Royal Magic Knights but Julius talked me out of it saying he needed me for a covert mission. Wiping my sweat from my forehead and I give Mereoleona a grin while standing up gathering my things from the training room floor. "Thanks for the sparring match Mereo, I gotta run though or I'll be late."

"Alright but don't forget to ice that wrist when you get home."

"Yeah Yeah." I wave to her and head off to Julius' office. When I get there I bust the door open causing Marx to jump in surprise spilling all his papers on the ground. Julius had a look in his eyes that he knew I was there.

"Oops sorry, Marx. I was trying to pull a fast one on Julius, not you." I bend down and help pick the papers up and that's when the stone tablet Julius mentioned came into my line of sight. So he finally got around to drawing it, I think as I pick it up and take a look. Hold on, I know what this is! I stand taking the paper to the coffee table sitting down and rummaging through my light space.

"Julius, get your butt over here." He stops, giving me an annoyed smile, getting up and sitting next to me. I pull out the forbidden book Druid gave me and then pulled out the same book that I was able to secure by sneaking into the Spade Kingdoms Royal Library. I flip it open to the page that was lost and lay it down.

"What you saw that day Julius is known as The Tree of Life Monument. It's a mediator for the reincarnation ritual. After all the missions I finally know what they are after. I even spoke to Inda about it. Remember the tale of Licht?" Julius nodded and Marx sat down with a huff from not being automatically invited into the conversation, or knowing what we were talking about. Julius must have kept it to himself as promised.

"I think these are Elven souls from the Tales of Licht. The leader himself calls himself Licht, however, I don't think that's true. I believe without a doubt they are the same souls of the people who died on 'that day. However, I feel like something is missing. I just don't know what."

"Honestly, I gathered pretty much the same. It's nice to see that the risky mission you did and successfully completed did in fact bear fruit." He's not wrong, but I don't think he realizes just how risky it was for someone like me. The Dark Triad could easily recognize either Yuno or me at this point. We look almost exactly like our parents. However, my mind immediately thinks of the soft voice I encountered while trying to find the book. I'm still not sure if it was all in my head or not.

"Yes, but I think someone helped me. It felt like a shadow followed me throughout my mission. Do we have anyone undercover in the spade kingdom?" I ask, without mentioning that I may or may not have heard this person's voice. Julius nods with a smile, but his eyes showed me sadness.

"Yes, a Black Bull member. His name is Nacht Faust, he's a shadow magic user. His younger twin brother Morgan used to be a part of my squad before I was the Wizard King. He passed away though and Nacht joined the Black Bulls." I see so that's the sadness behind his eyes. The death of a friend, even I could understand that. So the shadow mana I felt at that time must have been Nacht. I had gone with my gut that day and spoke to the dark shadowed corner asking if they knew the book and I had been guided in and out quickly thanks to the person cloaked in shadows. One look at Julius' face made me decide to once again keep it to myself.

"So that's why they are attacking the Clover Kingdom?" Marx asks still not completely understanding our conversation, grasping at straws from our conversation.

"Yes, because the Clover Kingdoms' king and nobility were somehow tricked during that time and they attacked the Elves. No one saw it coming. It happened during the Elven clan leader's wedding to the princess of the Clover Kingdom." I turn to Julius and he has a look of worry between his brows. I poke between his brows and he looks at me startled.