001 - Woke Up Again

Kamei = surname

Haru = first name

Unedited

Kamei Haru died long ago, but before his rebirth, he was forced to reexperience his death. His heart was pounding, his palms soaked with cold sweat, and his head throbbing from the poison in his system.

He had lost control of his body.

Watching himself willingly be led to his death, he felt a surge of powerful emotions. Tears should've pricked at his eyes, but he was dead. He was only watching himself die.

All that he knew in those moments were,

I never want to experience this again.

He died.

His world faded to black again, but now, he could hear a faint noise in his ears. His hands were still sweaty, but that horrible, haunting headache had gone.

He turned his head, snuggling into the soft, fluffy warmth underneath his head. Wait, what fluffy warmth? After he died, he never knew "fluffy warmth".

Kamei Haru instantly froze, his eyes quickly opening. He was met with... a creamy, beige colored wall. His head was settled onto a soft, white pillow, his warm sheets covering his body.

This was not what Kamei Haru had remembered.

Where was that uninviting, cold space of doom that he had stayed in for so long, it nearly felt inviting? What was this warm place?

He thought many things, but he could still feel that poke in the back of his head.

You are alive now. This is the true world.

He didn't want to believe it. Haru threw the sheets above him, covering his head in the blankets as well. Could he hide under there forever, unwilling to meet the world?

"I'm alive," He silently whispered, hearing his smooth, soft voice. Kamei Haru was truly unused to it, as he was unable to hear himself after his death.

He couldn't hide from reality forever.

Kamei Haru poked his head out of the sheets, lazily grabbing towards where he faintly remembered his phone being. His eyes slowly adjusted to the soft morning light pouring through his room, before he was able to read the text on the phone.

September 3rd, 20XX.

When he died, it was two years after this. At the present moment, he had never met the male lead, nor had he met the female lead.

He sat up, sitting there for a while. His hands tightly gripped the sheets, his mind unable to process how he had been reborn into the past.

He remembered his first time meeting the female lead.

She was like an angel on Earth, her long, platinum hair flowed in the wind like the petals on the sakura trees. Her eyes, a deep blue, expressed thousands of words that could never be said. When she smiled, he could feel his heart beat faster.

He believed he could make her love him. After all, Kamei Haru had never been described as bad looking. His eyes were soft, his face handsome, his figure great, and his hair soft, smooth, and silky. Anyone who looked at him would've squeezed him in delight.

But now, his heart was simply cold.

He no longer felt anything for the female lead, and he did not care about the male lead. Because he loved the female lead, the male lead killed him. Since he no longer loved her, the male lead wouldn't bother him.