002 - Let Me See The Drama For Myself!

Kamei Haru was never a stupid person, but he had been blinded by his affections for the female lead, Sato Kimiko.

Haru had realized it when he died by the male lead's hand.

The female lead had never loved him, and was just simply being respectful to him. Originally, when he first met the female lead, she hadn't become an idol yet. She was still just a regular person, and he, too, was just a regular person. They were both on the same level of beauty, so Haru originally thought he had a chance...

He would've never expected that she walked the path of an idol so quickly in this life, and yet, she was immediately hit by misfortune.

While in the dark space after his death, Haru was informed that his life was really just centered on being an obstacle in two people's love life, the female lead and male lead. It was just like a book.

Yet, he had ruined the female lead's career in his last life, and in this life, she ruined it by herself.

Kamei Haru depressingly shook his head.

He was no longer involved in either of the leads' life. Why would he need to care anymore?

A day had already passed from the time he and Masuyo encountered Hayashi Shigeru, and he was in the same building that they had bumped into him at.

He had work today, so of course, he had to go back to the café after he finished school.

Haru sat down at the same table he and Masuyo sat at the day before, fumbling with a potted plant with a bored look. The café wasn't open yet, so he had nothing to do.

"Haru, you always talk about how you have nothing to do all the time, but you always forget that you have me?" A man with soft, blonde hair suddenly walked up to the table, slightly leaning on it and crossing his arms on the surface. His hair was tied into a small high ponytail, and his eyes were soft, yet had a mischievous glint.

This man was Haru's friend from his college, who ended up getting a job in the same place as him.

"Ryu Masato..." Haru lowered his eyes, avoiding the other's gaze.

At the time, he was still close with Masato, but Haru could never forget the fact that Masato betrayed him in the end, and went to Hayashi and Kimiko's side in his past life.

Haru was bisexual. He originally had a small crush on Masato, as he was a tall and handsome man, but after meeting the female lead, all of his previous affections for the man were erased. It was only when Sato Kimiko rejected him, that he remembered his past feelings for Masato.

But it was all useless now, because Haru swore he would double over and cough up blood before he even got the chance to consider liking Masato again.

"Saying my name so ominously... I feel hurt." Ryu Masato playfully whined. Smiling, he asked, "Haru, you know about that female idol's incident, right? Sato Kimiko?"

Kamei Haru stiffened at the sound of Kimiko's name, but nodded anyway. "I do."

"There was a certain news station that reported it," Masato said, "stating that Kimiko mentioned a 'little café worker-boy with a soft, otherworldly beauty, yet is truly a bewitching fox' threatened her to climb into Hayashi Shigeru's bed, and if she didn't, he would ruin her career." As he talked, his voice slowly became slower.

Kamei Haru had a single hand on his knee, and that hand tightly grasped the fabric of his pants in nervousness.

Was he wrong? Did he actually meet Sato Kimiko ahead of his original timeline?

It would explain why Kimiko became an idol so early.

...But what if Masato thought he was 'that boy'?

"Don't you think its strange? She never mentioned it and defended herself against criticizers, but the moment her career started plummeting at a record pace, she suddenly spilled this piece of information." Masato suddenly said.

Haru realized that Masato was not accusing him, but was merely just gossiping.

He just went with the flow, nodding. "It really is strange."

Masato stopped leaning on the table, stretching his limbs. "...Customers should be arriving soon. Let's go so the boss doesn't think we're slacking off."

Haru stood up, giving Masato a light laugh. "Okay, then."

Work was nearly over. Haru's chin was resting on his hand, his eyes tiredly glancing at Masato. He was supposed to take customer's orders, but Masato insisted to help him and allow him to rest, so all he was doing now was just watching Masato work.

If he were to be honest, It was very boring.

Just when Haru was about to look away, the door to the café opened. He glanced up curiously to see who had entered, before he immediately froze. Hayashi Shigeru had once again entered the building.

Hahaha, this scene seemed a little familiar.

Haru was not as nervous as the day before. First of all, he had already experienced the same feeling of shock yesterday, and second of all, he was out of Shigeru's sight. The person who was going to take his order was not him, but Masato. He had no worries.

Well, he would've had no worries, if it weren't for the fact that Shigeru's gaze was set right onto Haru the moment he had entered. His gaze was sharp, piercing, and cold. It could chill anyone to the bone.

Kamei Haru broke into a cold sweat. How come the protagonist still came to seek out trouble with him, even when he tried to avoid him?

Haru quickly said to Masato, "My shift has probably ended by now. I'll get going."

Masato looked at Haru with confusion. "So soon? You seem to be in a hurry."

"I realized I forgot to talk to Masuyo about something." Haru said.

Masato knew who Masuyo was, so he simply nodded in understanding. "Oh? See you later then, Haru."

Haru left the building, going straight back to his house. He really needed to talk with Masuyo!

"...So he came there again, hmm." Masuyo said, a hint of interest in her voice. Haru told her what had happened, and yet she still had a look of 'that was unsurprising' on her face.

Masuyo smiled. "Hayashi Shigeru really is an attention seeker. I'm sure Masato knew the face of that guy, but simply didn't tell you. After all, everyone knows Shigeru and Kimiko's face now." She said.

And she was probably right. When Shigeru entered the café, Haru sneaked a small glance at Masato to see his reaction. It wasn't very obvious, but he could still see the hint of recognition, and shortly after, disdain in his eyes.

Haru frowned. Why didn't Masato say anything? Was it because Hayashi Shigeru was in the same room, and his presence was simply too intimidating?

He didn't want to know.

Haru spoke a few more words to Masuyo, before leaving to go up to his room. He had the sudden itch to open up social media and see Sato Kimiko and Hayashi Shigeru's drama for himself!

Haru was surprised that the first thing that appeared when he opened up social media was Sato Kimiko's post, "My sweetheart is coming back next week. How could I have the heart to betray him by sleeping with Shigeru?"

---

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting. It helps a lot! ╰(*°▽°*)╯