004 - Backfired

unedited

Those blue eyes pierced into his soul, making Kamei Haru shiver.

Kimiko blinked, her eyelashes fluttering against her skin. Gently laughing, she said, "...Kamei Haru. I'm sure you know why I'm here."

Haru stared at her with a blank expression. The reality was, he really didn't know, but he decided to play along a little.

The corner of his lips hooked up into a mocking smile, and he said in an oblivious tone, "Oh? But I really don't know. Can you tell me why you're outside of my door, waiting for me like a stalker?"

Kimiko's expression slightly cracked, but she still kept up her gentle voice. "It's not a problem, I'll take the time to remind you."

"You were that damn fox that dared to threaten me to sleep with Hayashi Shigeru. Don't you remember? If I didn't do as you said, you would ruin my career. I spoke the truth on my post, but my assistant posted something that conflicted with the truth."

She examined the other's face, but she couldn't find a single sign or hint of fear from him.

She frowned, but continued. "Don't you think you should take responsibility and clear this up?"

Apparently, this was what the "Haru" of this world had done before he came over. Haru didn't have many details on what had happened, so he just kept acting oblivious.

"I don't know what you're talking about. If you're looking for someone to direct your drama to, I am not the person." He gave the girl a cold glare.

"Leave my property, Sato Kimiko."

Sato Kimiko pursed her lips. Keep playing the fool, and you wont know what hit you.

She narrowed her eyes, throwing her previous gentle and kind appearance to the side. "Don't think you can ruin my reputation like this and then get away with it." She walked up to him until they stood face to face. Turning her head, she quietly whispered:

"If I were you, I would keep one eye open when I sleep at night." Smiling, she said, "I have plenty of connections, more than enough to ruin your life, so keep your actions in check."

"...Kamei Haru."

And left.

***

"I saw everything." Masuyo said when Haru had finally entered the house.

She slightly opened the curtains of a window, which gave a clear view of the front of the house. Pointing at it, she said, "I was worried when I saw that it was so late, yet you hadn't come back yet. So, I decided to look for you. It just so happened that I decided to open this window first, to check if you had arrived yet."

Haru depressingly lowered his head. He played the role of a wronged little rabbit, frowning and playing with the hem of his shirt. "Did you hear what she said?" He asked.

Masuyo responded, "Barely, but I could still stitch together the meaning from the words I heard. What happened?"

Haru shook his head. "I don't know either. She's in so much drama, maybe she decided to pin all of this onto me?" He lightly said.

"I'm friends with her cousin, so I'm sure she knows who I am. Perhaps Kimiko thought I looked a little funny, and decided to use me as a little scapegoat?"

Masuyo was silent for a few moments, before carefully speaking, "I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to do that."

Then, she reached into her pocket, taking out a tiny metallic pin. A red light flickered on the top of it, making a very faint mechanical noise. "I truly couldn't hear what you two were talking about, but this thing certainly could." She tapped the pin, and then took Haru's hand, carefully placing it into his palm.