006 - Complicated

"...Don't talk to me." Haru coldly said, before immediately hanging up on Seiji. Yet, what happened next was just as the man had said. An average looking school boy came up to him right after he had hung up.

"Excuse me, sir. Do you know where [] store is?" The boy asked. Haru glanced at the boy and immediately got a strange feeling. The boy just looked extraordinarily ordinary, really... unremarkable. He was so unremarkable he seemed nearly suspicious.

"Go straight and then turn left twice. You'll find it on your right." Haru said, with a kind smile plastered on his face. He really had no moral issues with pretending to be a kind gentleman, when in reality he was far from it.

"If you don't mind, can you tell me the directions to [] restaurant too, then?" The boy asked again.

Like the previous question, Haru answered politely with a smile on his face.

The boy smiled too. "Ah, you must be a local. You know so well about these miscellaneous stores."

Haru lied straight through his teeth, "It's because I visit them often."

The boy paused for a moment. "Really?... Then, can you come with me and show me the way to the restaurant? I might not remember the exact directions you gave me."

If something happens, smashing his head with a phone would be my only choice.

It felt so childish and stupid to follow this clearly suspicious boy when even Seiji had reminded him beforehand not to follow him... But then again, he felt like he had some vendetta against Seiji. He didn't want to obediently obey someone who he barely even knew.

Haru smirked. "Okay then."

He led the person over to the restaurant according to the directions he had remembered, but as he passed a rather secluded and lonely alleyway, he saw the boy come closer towards him with a dangerous look in his eyes, a small piece of cloth grasped in his hand. Haru instantly took the cellphone inside his pocket and smashed it against the boys head as hard as he possibly could.

Unfortunately, the little school boy was much stronger than he had expected.

The boy immediately retaliated and grabbed the back of Haru's neck in one hand, the cloth in the other. He expected to feel the cloth pressed onto his nose to force him to smell the drug inside, yet a few seconds passed and nothing happened.

Haru turned his head back and was greeted by the sight of his attacker unconscious on the sidewalk, his arm bent a strange way. Haru was about to flee before he noticed that another person had appeared right next to the unconscious body.

"Seiji?" Haru instantly recognized the man.

Seiji's expression showed so much anger and disbelief Haru barely thought he was the same person who was all smiles the day before. Seiji's hands were clenched at his sides and they faintly shook with anger. Haru nearly sneered- for what reason did Seiji have to be angry?

"You... didn't I tell you not to follow him?!" Seiji asked.

Haru shouted back, "Who are you to tell me what to do and what not to do? We've just met yesterday. You are nearly a complete stranger to me."

Seiji opened his mouth like he had something to say, but closed it right after. He took a deep breath. "That may be true, but I'm sure you were aware how dangerous this person's motives could've been, and is." He said.

Of course Haru knew. He just wanted to make Seiji pissed in the heat of the moment.

"For an adult... you clearly make such inexplicable decisions." The older male mumbled under his breath.