Chapter 7: Happy Valentine's Day, Spider

Author's Note: Alright, guys. I know what y'all are thinking. Why are we getting a Valentine's Day chapter when Valentine's Day has already passed a looooooong time ago? Well, I had the whole chapter down and everything ready to go for Valentine's Day. And theeeeeen...... my own form of Parker Luck hit me. My laptop pretty much stopped working. I kid you not. It's only just now starting to work again as of late like it came back from the dead. But basically, instead of posting a Valentine's Day special on Valentine's Day, I'm posting it literally on the last day of February. Pain. Still, you guys are getting this chapter, because I'm not waiting for next year when Valentine's Day comes around again. Anyway, aside from that, thank you guys for all your support as always! This chapter will be set months before the main story, where Peter and the gang are still in junior year.

Intro Music: Bob Marley - Don't Worry, Be Happy

Sitting on a New York rooftop while watching the night sky was no one other than Spider-Man himself. Depending on who you ask, he was either a masked menace, or your friendly neighborhood superhero.

It's been a decent amount of months since Peter Parker first got bit by the radioactive spider and became Spider-Man. In typical Parker fashion, he's had a lot of bumps in the road, but he always finds a way to get back up.

And hey, it's worth it if he's saving multiple lives in the process.

Though, with all the agility and strength Spider-Man has, which is greatly appreciated, those things aren't always able to solve his problems. Yeah, we all know he never has enough money for anything, but one of the other consistent problems he has... Well, it's girl problems.

Is it silly? Is it stupid for him to want luck when it comes to getting girls? Why should he even care? He's a freaking superhero for crying out loud!

But... just because he's a superhero, doesn't mean he shouldn't want companionship, right?

Right?

Unfortunately, this whole companionship thing was on his mind since it was Valentine's Day, a day of love where couples look all cute and stuff. You know, romantic things.

Spidey looked down at the citizens of New York, most of them being couples as they were enjoying their time together on this lovey dovey day.

And here he was... alone.

Pain.

Spidey let out a loud groan, gently falling on his back as he looked up at the New York night sky. "Yep, this is depressing..." he confirmed to himself, but also felt like he was being stupid. "The great Spider-Man is able to save countless lives, but when it comes to Peter Parker looking for romance, I'd have a better chance at convincing JJ that Spidey isn't a menace."

He sulked for a few more moments, until he heard his phone start to ring. Bringing it out, he saw he was getting a call from Harry. Deciding to answer it, he said, "Hello?"

"Hey, Pete! Where are you man? You didn't forget about hanging out at the arcade with me and Miles, right?"

Peter's eyes widened, indeed forgetting that he, Harry, and Miles did have a thing planned for Valentine's Day. Good grief, some friend he is.

"Oh crap!" Peter thought to himself. "Nah, I didn't forget!" he said, trying to play it cool but was probably failing miserably. "Don't worry, I'll be right there."

"I hope so." Harry told him. "Though, judging by your surprised reaction... I'd think you were hiding something from me." Harry accused, now becoming a bit suspicious. "Do you have a secret girlfriend or something? What happened to bros before-"