5

"Cloud town is in view Captain!" Tez calls from the crow's nest. You look through the spyglass, finding a secure spot to hide the ship along the cove.
"Get the anchor ready!" You tell Paul, jumping onto the figure head and opening a large hole. After anchoring the ship you peer through the spyglass at the town. "Any idea where in Cloud town?" You ask Byron.
"No, but if I remember right, he did favor old warehouses," He replies. You nod, and climb up to the crows nest. You find an old warehouse. "Alright, I'm going first," You tell them, opening a hole and jumping through it. You land in an alley next to the warehouse and peer into the windows. "Looks like there's an underground sale going down," You tell Tez who had stuck his head through the portal.
"We're ready captain," He states, looking at you with serious brown eyes.
You nod, "Then lets get started," You breath, opening another portal and going through in time to catch Hershel's wrist as he moved to strike a chained slave. "I told you that would catch up to you," You remind him darkly. He blanches, staggering back.
"You!" He gasps.
"Did ya miss me?" You joke before punching him square in the nose, sending him flying. You kneel beside the slave. "Are you okay little one?" You ask. He nods, in total awe. You smirk and pull a key ring from a holes you had made in Hershell's pocket. "Free the others for me," You murmur before opening large holes from which your crew spring through with defiant roars.
"Damn you! I won't go down alone!" Hershel curses, charging at you.
"Well, you are," You tell him bluntly, dodging his attack easily and slamming an elbow into his side. He staggers and lunges at you. You swiftly open a hole, making him run through it. You swiftly close it and relax. "We got him!" You tell the crew. They let out whoops and hollers, tossing out any of Hershel's accomplices. You turn to the now free slaves.
"Alright, line up, I'll try to send you all home," You tell them. They do so and you gradually send almost all of them to their home islands. You turn to the rest. "Sorry guys, I haven't been to your islands before, but I promise to get you all home," You inform them.
"Thank you!" They say together.
"Gill, lead them to the ship, the rest of us will get supplies," You tell the blonde. He gives a salute and leads them out. You turn to the rest of your crew. "Split up and see if you can gather any info on other slave sales.... Oh and get the formers some clothes," You order. They nod and split up swiftly. You head out and look around.
"___?" A familiar voice says, making you look back at a familiar freckled face.
"Ace? Is that you?" You ask, tilting your head. He grins and you run up and give him a flying tackle hug. "Ace!"
"Luffy told me you two had met in Dint Town, so I came to see you for myself... You look good," He comments. You blush a bit.
"You too... All shirtless and muscular..." You murmur, taking a step back. He chuckles and a puts a hand over your face.
"Stop looking at me like that," He chuckles. You push him back.
"Then get a shirt on, exhibitionist!" You laugh.
"Wha!? Exhibitionist?! You're as cheeky as ever!" He growls, putting you in a headlock. You chuckle, trying to push him away.
"Ah! You're all sweaty!" You complain.
"Hey, I'm only like this because I wanted to run into you before you left Cloud town!" He points out,
"That's surprisingly sweet Ace," You comment.
"Ch... Did you think Luffy and Sabo were the only ones that missed you?" He says, releasing you.
"No, I knew you missed me too, but you were always distant," You admit. He rubs his neck.
"Sorry... Hey, how about we get something to eat? We can swap stories," He offers.
"Alright," You agree, letting him pick the restaurant. You both sit down and swap stories as you eat.
"That's just like you ___!" He comments when you finish your story.
"Luffy said the same thing," You mutter.
"Heh... So he told you about Sabo?" He asks. You nod solemnly.
"I... Haven't accepted it.... I know you two wouldn't lie about it.... But..." You trail off, trying to find the right words. He shifts, hand hesitantly coming over yours.
"I know you two were close, and I should tell you.... He really loved you ___, never stopped thinking about you," He tells you. You smile a bit.
"I... Loved him too..." You murmur.
"He'd be happy to see you doing well," He says with a slight smile.
"I'm glad you and Luffy are doing well at least," You reply with a smile. He pauses, eyes flashing a bit.
"Yeah... See you around ___, be safe," He breaths, getting to his feet.
"See ya Ace... Stay strong," You reply. He puts a hand on your hand before briskly leaning down and kissing you cheek.
"I will," He says as he goes out. You blink after him with a surprised blush.
"Things have changed so much Sabo," You whisper, looking out the window.
"Captain," Byron says from the door.
"Yeah.... Lets go,"