4

Yomi had noticed the young lady as she walked in with her friend to the bar across from him. From where he sat in the VIP spot, he could notice that she didn't seem out of place in her little dress.

He watched her every movement, and almost rolled his eyes when he caught the barman wink at her.

She didn't look like the woman who had accused him of being an irresponsible parent. She looked very used to being in a club. Heck, in that dress, she looked like a hooker!.

It was a Sunday, and normally he would spend his sundays with his daughter; doing her homeworks and probably take her out for ice cream. But this Sunday was different. His friends had suggested a night with the boys, and so, while he hung out with his friends, his daughter was with his sister and her kids. He didn't want to leave her, but his sister had told him that he needed a little break.

And there he was.

Stuck with his almost drunk friends who kept trying to hook him up with any lady in sight.

"Your 3'o clock, there's a hottie." His friend, Luke tapped his chest to get his attention.

But he couldn't avert his gaze from the petite lady seated across from him in the bar, that was talking animatedly with her friend. And when she turned and caught his gaze, her eyes went round as saucers, as though she had been caught on headlights. And without thinking, he stood and walked towards her still holding her gaze.

He approached her and she immediately adverted her gaze to her drink, and quickly drown the shots before her, all four at once, and he found that amusing.

"Woah, easy oh." Her friend said patting her back.

He slipped into the chair beside her catching a whiff of her feminine cologne as he did, and it suddenly felt intoxicating. He noticed for one that she sat very still, and without saying anything he gestured to the barman.
"Two shots of tequila."

The barman nodded and poured out the drinks into the shot cups before pushing them to him.

"Hi, I'm Temi, call me Tems." Her friend shared, and offered a handshake which he took.

He chuckled softly "I'm Yomi."

"She's Dinma."

Dinma gave her friend an annoyed look, and this caused him to chuckle.

"Hello Dinma." He gave his most charming smile "You look very different outside school."

"Do you two know each other?" Temi asked as the two shared a look.

"No!" Dinma said promptly, and chuckled nervously.

Temi gave her friend a look that said that they were probably going to discuss the issue later, then she stood and slid off her seat .
" I'm going to dance." She yelled over the music " You two be safe."

Yomi watched as her friend walked off and blended into the sea of gyrating bodies, then he resumed his focus on the lady beside him. She shifted uncomfortably, trying not to squirm under his gaze.

"Dinma... Can I call you Dee?"

"No!" She shook her head and resumed sipping from her straw.

Then he leaned towards her, inciting his own body as he did. He could see her face clearly from that distance and he swore that she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. His hands itched to cup her face, and probably kiss her now faint red lips. But he was going to curb those thoughts -

"I didn't think you were one of these Lagos girls."

The drink straw fell from her lips  "Pardon?"

His lips went to her ears, and not considering the stillness of her body, he said "You look like a striper in this dress."

Then he went back to his former posture, searching her face to see an expression, but she had none. Instead she crossed her legs, causing her dress to go up a bit to expose some skin. His eyes followed her movements, and he instantly cursed himself when he saw the smirk on her face.

"How hypocritical!" She muttered.

Then she adjusted her dress and cleared her throat "How's Zara by the way? You didn't leave your daughter all by herself so you could come clubbing, did you?"

"If you care so much about her, why don't you become her nanny." He drowned his drink, shutting his eyes as the drink burned through his throat; the lady was starting to get on his nerves.

She didn't reply and this gave him the impression that she was actually thinking about it.
"No.. I'll pass."

"Why?" He asked.

"I'm good enough as her teacher, I can't be her nanny too."

"I'll pay you well -"

She cut in sharply "Pay someone else, I'm not good at baby sitting kids."

"You are a natural at that, I've seen you handle kids at school"

"Are you drunk? Cause this is the nicest thing you've ever said to me."

"Trust me I'm not drunk."

She gave him a look "I watched you drown two shots of tequila at once. I don't know how many you've had before now."

"That's hypocritical coming from you.  I mean I'm sitting beside my daughter's school teacher in a club a day before school, while she's getting drunk -"

She interrupted him sharply "I'm not getting drunk" She resumed sipping on her mocktail, then she said quietly. "I'm just trying to process things."

He cocked a brow at her statement "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She replied in a sigh and gave him a small smile.

Then without thinking he brought out his phone from his pocket and took a picture of the lady beside him.

"What -" The drink straw fell from her lips "What do you think you're doing?"

"Taking a picture, as an evidence." Yomi wore a smug look.

"An evidence of what?"

"That I caught a school teacher clubbing."

"What is wrong with you? Are you trying to blackmail me?" She asked trying to hide a smile.

"Maybe."

"What's your condition, and what do you even intend doing with the picture?"

"That's not your problem. Just agree to be my daughter's nanny." He leaned again towards her, and this time she didn't recoil, she just laughed quietly.

"Can I at least think about this?"