20

“God you look like someone who got some last night.” Temi stated. “You're glowing.”

It was midday, and the ladies were seated across from each other on the bed, each going through a pile of letters.

After Dinma had finished her breakfast in giddiness, she had called up her friend so that they would finally open the box while they waited for the time slated in the brochure for brunch at 11am with their colleagues at the resort's event hall.

“Did you?” Temi asked, unfolding a letter.

Dinma blinked, realizing that she had zoned out, her thoughts replaying the earlier incident of that morning.
“What?”

Omo, you have it bad. How was it like?”

“What are you talking about?”

Her friend gave her a look. “Sex with Yomi.”

Dinma choked. “We didn't — I don't know.”

Temi lowered the letter in her hand. “What do you mean 'you don't know '?”

She shrugged, “I was too wasted last night to remember anything and this morning he was acting like something happened.”

"Maybe something did happen. You could ask him."

"I don't want to, I'm too embarrassed to." Dinma blew a breath. "Can you give me a run down of what happened yesterday?"

Her friend chuckled at some inside joke.

“What?” Dinma asked.

“Oh last night was so funny. Yomi was ready beat my ass.”

“Why, what happened?”

“He was furious that I had left you alone in your drunken state with Mike.”

“Mike?”

“Yeah. The dude accosted you, and Yomi went all possessive.”

Butterflies swarmed erratically in her belly at the thought of Yomi being possessive of her.

“You needed to see how the man almost beat the hell out of Mike.” Temi narrated.

Dinma replied in a breath,“Looks like I really missed a whole lot. I was so angry that Mike's moved on with a totally hot babe, that I got myself drunk.”
She picked up a letter addressed to her grandma.

“Didn't you move on yourself, with a hunk of a man? And let me tell you sweetie, that girl is all fake, she's got nothing on you. I even heard she was paid to act as his babe.”

“Wow.” Dinma said in a breath, then after some seconds of tracing lazily at the edges of the folded letter in her hand, she spoke. “Hope I didn't do anything crazy.”

Temi pulsed her lips to hold in her laughter, which she had a hard time doing because in less than a second, she had burst out laughing.

Dinma groaned loudly at this, and rubbed a palm over her face. “I did, didn't I?”

“Err... Not really. But you were really acting the role of a needy girlfriend.”

“Oh God.” Dinma face palmed.

“Yep” Temi popped the 'p'. “And it was really nice seeing the both of you like that.”

“I pretty sure it's because I'm supposed to act like his fake girlfriend.”

Temi shook her head. “You guys complicate things, why can't you learn romance from your grandparents.” She gestured casually at the opened letters littered on the bed.