four | bang chan ; always

warnings: none
relationship status: established
song for this chapter: behind the light, stray kids

you unknowingly toss and turn in your sleep,
a final harsh strike of lightning causing you to jolt awake. tears stream down your face, and you pat the other side of the bed for comfort, for chan. but once you feel only the soft material of the duvet, you remember where you are, and why he's not next to you.

you're staying at your parents house tonight, and your rather strict parents told you that they weren't 'ready for a grandchild' once the both of you had arrived, so they instructed the you to sleep in separate rooms. it's not that they don't love you and chan together, they do, it's just the occurrence of let's say 'past events' that had kept them up during your last visits is their reason for such absurd orders.

you let chan take your old bedroom, while you slept in the guest room.

you stumble out of bed to go to chan, pushing the sweaty pieces of hair that are clinging to your forehead back with the rest of the matted strands.

once you reach your childhood bedroom, you push the door open with a slight creak, and your face falls. chan isn't laying in the bed like you'd expected, and you begin to get a little worried. that's until you spot the streak of light coming from the kitchen downstairs, and your heart settles.

tiptoeing down the stairs, your eyes meet with your boyfriend who's happens to be smiling at his phone, his back facing you. your foot makes contact with something unknown causing chan to jerk, before turning around quickly.

"baby, you scared me" chan lets out a sigh of relief at the sight of you, jumping out of the barstool he's sitting in to wrap his arms around you. you immediately feel the warmth and comfort you were looking for before.

he notices your stained cheeks and a small frown graces his features.

"you've been crying?" he leads you to the barstool next to his, wiping away your tears. chan doesn't even have to know what's bothering you before he comforts you, you love that he cares so much.

"it's just the... lightning" as soon as that particular word passes your lips, another bolt lights up the darkened night sky. you've jumped out of your seat and into chan's arms before you know it, further tears falling from your eyes. you huddle yourself into his shirt as much as you possibly can, your hands shaking so much that it almost knocks the both of you over.

"it's okay love, i'm here, i've got you" chan's hands run up and down your back until your breathing calms down.

his hair tickles your forehead, and you look up at him, wondering what you've done to deserve such a perfect person like this.

"it's just lightning, what's wrong with me?" you feel bad that you've stained his shirt, you feel bad that your crying like a baby at stupid-o-clock because of the weather.

"it's not your fault, everyone's afraid of something. like me, i don't like the dark so much" he tells you, trying to comfort you further. a smile smile grows at your lips, as he wipes at your tears again.

"but that's common channie, lots of people don't like the dark" you mutter, and he nods.

"exactly, lots of people have fears, it doesn't matter what it is" you didn't even realise that chan had linked his fingers with yours, mindlessly caressing your hands.

"i guess you're right"

"i'm always right" you let out a soft giggle at his words. "i love you so much, you know that baby?" you nod against his chest, mumbling a small "i love you" in return.

"and you know that i'll always be here for you, hmm?" chan reassures, you can't help but lift your lips a bit higher to press against his chin.

"i would kiss you but.. i'm sweaty and snotty so i don't think you'd like that very much" chan laughs before bringing his lips to yours gently, before dragging them up to your forehead.

"i always want your kisses" you smile as you pull away from his tight grasp.

"okay, let's head up and get some sleep. we can cuddle until you fall asleep, sound good?" he asks.

"yes, channie, but my parents.."

"as much as i love your parents and wouldn't want to disobey them, i also love taking care of you. so that comes first, before anything"

-
sorry i haven't updated in a while!!
hope you like this chapter <33