five | hwang hyunjin ; elevator

warning: angst,
relationship status : established
song for this chapter: where's my love, syml :)

you slam the car door louder than you'd wished, causing you to jump yourself. he relaxes against the leather, as he climbs into the drivers seat beside you.

you're heart pounds in your chest because you're so angry, you've never been this mad at hyunjin before.

he starts the car up, the tension in the air almost unbearable. hyunjin stares straight into the road, not muttering a word the whole car ride. neither of you dare to utter anything more, knowing an argument would start up again.

and finally you reach the apartment the both of you share. hyunjin would usually exit the car before you and walk around to open your door for you, but this time he just storms off into the building.

stepping out of the car on your own, you watch the dressed-up boy walk up the steps, before stopping in front of the elevator and pressing the button. rich black suit, slicked back hair, as much as you're mad at him you can't get rid of he fact that he looks so incredibly handsome tonight.

you follow in his footsteps, stopping in front of the elevator beside him, silence still heavy and thick.

a few more silent moments pass and the elevator still refuses to arrive, you feel your patience, and hyunjin's patience wearing thin, although you're still able to keep your calm.

hyunjin aggressively taps the button, anger radiating off of him. you glance at him, and he groans, not able to look at you, his eyes solely focusing on the steel doors pulling apart before him.

he steps through, and so do you, you're careful not to accidentally touch him and set him off again.

tonight was supposed to be perfect. your weekly date night, at a fancy high-class restaurant hyunjin had previously reserved for the two of you. you got all dolled up, putting on light yet effective makeup, and you dressed yourself in a black fitted dress that you knew hyunjin loved on you.

but once you got to the restaurant, it was sheer chaos. you knew hyunjin wasn't going to be feeling his best tonight, he'd just finished from practice and he was tired. but of course he didn't want to disappoint you, so he agreed to go tonight.

hyunjin usually isn't aware of the little comments he passes when he's on edge. and you'd said something that tipped him right off that edge, causing him to rise from his seat opposite you, creating a scene and unwanted stares surrounding you.

he's stormed out of the restaurant, and you followed, which led to an argument that made no sense at all, you were both spouting meaningless digs at each other, silly things like how hyunjin's never there for you, and how you're always finding something to fight with him about. you both didn't mean it, but you were so mad that you couldn't find the will to apologise, to set things right.

so that leaves us where we are right now, in the elevator.

another few minutes pass and you're confused as to why the elevator isn't moving. you click the button again, but it doesn't budge. and that's when you hear a loud thud, and the letters displayed at the top of the doors read 'error'

you sigh out, clicking the emergency button, only for them to pick up after a short while and respond with 'we're sending help soon, though the wait will be over thirty minutes'.

great. not only are you stuck in an elevator, but you're stuck in an elevator with your boyfriend who's anger level is probably, no definitely higher than yours. you don't want to be near him, you just want to go to bed, so this entire situation is not helping in the slightest.

"fuck, thirty minutes?" hyunjin sounds irritated, of course he is, you are too. but you don't respond, you watch him slide his back down the dark wall to sit.

"i told you we should've moved, this happens all the fucking time" he seethes, and you turn from your standing positing to glare at him.

"so this is my fault?" hyunjin doesn't respond,  instead he threads an unsteady hand through his long hair.

"look i'm not doing this with you again, hyunjin." you mutter, finding his eyes in the brightly lit room only for him to look away again.

you watch him remove his suit jacket, the white shirt carefully fitting his body creases with any movement he makes.

"y/n." hyunjin sternly says your name, breaking the firm silence you're enforced in.

"what?" you voice comes off raised a little higher that you wanted, and hyunjin's brows furrow. "i really don't want to hear your voice right now. i just want someone to come fix this damn elevator and get me out of here" you say with all honesty.

"i'm sorry." your eyes trail towards him, his eyes focused on his legs pulled into his chest on the floor.

"i'm sorry about what happened, what's been happening for these past few weeks. i just want to be enough for you, baby, and i don't know how" his words tug at your heart, and you take a few steps towards him, kneeling down beside him. you know hyunjin can't bring himself to look at you or else he'll break down; and that's the last thing he wants.

"hyunjin..please. just look at me" you mutter, low and soft. when he finally lifts his eyes up to yours, laced in tears, you wrap your arms around him,

"you are enough for me hyunjin, you always have been, and you always will be. in fact you're so much more than just enough" the small smile you offer is almost enough to reassure hyunjin.

"i'm tired of fighting, i just want us to be us again" a tear slips from his eye, you're quick to wipe it away, as gentle as you can.

"i love you" you both mumble at the same time, before hyunjin presses a kiss to the side of your head.

you continue to hold the boy tightly in your arms, letting him slump against you, the silence finally calming rather than tense, for once.

-
a/n!
i hope you like this one!
chanlix or minsung?