seven | bang chan ; warm

warnings: none
relationship status: established
song for this chapter: anti-romantic, txt

silence. you sit in utter silence, waiting for your boyfriend to walk through the door at any given moment. you sigh out, you know he's working late at the studio again, but you wish that in this exact moment that you're in need of cuddles and affection, that he would come home.

you decide to do something, maybe clean up a little or make a snack. so you do just that to pass the time. you don't want to be that girlfriend that mopes around waiting for her boyfriend to come home, even though deep down you know that's exactly what you are.

hours pass, and you're growing bored out of your mind. you've finished your drama, about to start the next one, little packets of snacks littering the floor surrounding you.

the bright tv flashes in your drooping eyes, tiredness sweeping over you. you carry yourself to the bed, not bothering to even switch the tv off.

deep slumber consumes you within minutes, chest rising and falling with every breath you take.

a couple of hours pass, the digital clock collecting dust on the desk reads 3:45am. the front door clicks open, revealing a sleepy and worn-out bang chan.

you're still in the bedroom, fast asleep, and he knows this, he doesn't expect you to be wide awake and waiting for him, that's why he's quiet when entering the house.

he tiptoes along the wooden floors, clutching his prized laptop to his side, being careful not to make any sudden movements that could wake you up.

he finally reaches your shared bedroom. the corners of his lips pull upward into a smile at the sight of your peacefully sleeping face.

sleep and the urge to cuddle with you is desperately calling his name, there's nothing more that he wants.

chan slips into the bathroom quietly to brush his teeth, unaware of the light of the bathroom that awakens you. your eyes slowly open, taking in your surroundings, and you're glad when you hear shuffling in the bathroom. chan's finally home.

after a few minutes, the lights click off, and darkness fills the air once more. a dip in the bed stirs you awake from sleep further. you snuggle into the arms wrapping around you, your heart finally settling at the feeling that you've been waiting for.

"chan" you whisper, you smile against the bare skin on his chest, nuzzling your face right into his neck.

"i missed you, baby. did you wait for me at all?" chan mutters, running gentle circles into your back. "i missed you too, channie, and i did wait. you don't have to work this late" you lean over to your side to switch on the lamp, before turning back around to face him. you're met with eye bags and messy hair.

"oh chan.."

"i know, and i don't mean to. it's just-" you cut him off.

"i get it, you want to do the best you can for your fans."

"but they already appreciate you so much, and all that you already do, channie." i tell him, feeling him nod against my skin.

"and they wouldn't want you to have sleepless nights like these, they want you to be healthy, and happy" you reassure, telling the truth in every bit of your words.

"i know, i just want to be enough" he lets out a sigh.

"you're more than enough, love."

before you can say anything further, chan presses a small kiss against against the skin of your neck in thanks. you smile in return, before finding his lips in the dark and connecting yours with his.

-
a/n!
hi!
hope you enjoyed! i'm sorry for not updating in a while! :)