4

Sunoo sighed as he listened to his seventh cousin explaining the problems in their kingdom. He closed his eyes and rested his head on the desk, earning the prince by surprise.

"Your Majesty, perhaps this meeting is tiring you?" Sunghoon asked politely. "Yes. Yes, it is," Sunoo exhaled heavily.

Sunghoon nodded and put his documents away before taking a seat across from him. "Would you like to share what has been bothering your mind, Your Majesty?" He asked before sipping his tea.

"The princess has finally woken up. But she seemed to have lost her memories. And her mind too. She tried to jump back into the lake and kill herself."

Sunghoon smirked in amusement before putting down his teacup, "It's a relief that she has woken up."

"Are you planning to see her?"

"Maybe. But I still have a lot of work to do so I have to find the right time," the prince said. They both kept talking until the door to the king's office was slammed open.

Jungwon walked in with an angry expression before taking a seat next to Sunghoon. "Lord Yang. You're late for the meeting," the prince said blankly.

"I was at the town buying some things for myself. Then, I helped this crazy lady from crashing into a moving carriage. She's so annoying! The carriage was right in front of her and she stood there like a stupid statue. I nearly lost my life because of her."

Sunoo furrowed his eyebrows, feeling confused, "Then, what did she say?"

"I just walked away."

Sunghoon proceeded to pour the nobleman some tea into an empty cup, "Very good. You are a handsome nobleman. The woman might be pretending to get hit so that you can save her. And then she'll take advantage of your wealth."

"Did I mention that she's one of your court ladies, Your Majesty?" Jungwon asked. Sunoo looked at him, "Really? Do you know her name?"

"Was it...Oh Baekhee?"

"Oh Baekhee? That's the princess's court lady. She's probably getting some things that my sister ordered."

Jungwon nodded and scoffed, "Oh Baekhee. She almost killed me."

🌷

Yeonseo went back to the palace with her enraged heart. She gritted her teeth angrily as curse words kept coming out. She went to the lake and stood there, seeing her reflection on the water.

She felt like it was mocking her. She took a small rock and threw it into the water. Seeing her reflection being scattered around the place. "Harming people's lives? Only care about myself?" She recalled back what the nobleman said.

"He's the arrogant one! Oh, how I wish that I can push him and let him crash into the carriage."

She took a deep breath and looked around, seeing no one passing by.

If only I can just take one step towards the water. Maybe two? Or I could just jump into it. If I drown, then maybe I could go back to the present time?

The water was so tempting as if it was calling her to jump into it. "No, I don't want to ruin Baekhee's uniform," she muttered. She stepped back and flinched when she bumped into a person's chest.

She turned around and saw an ethereal-looking man standing behind her. He flashed his infamous cute smile, "I was just planning to see you. I didn't expect to bump into you here."

She narrowed her eyes at him, trying to remember who he was. She tried to recall all the portraits she had seen that was related to the East Kingdom. Her mind was blank.

"I heard that you lost your memories. I'm Sunghoon. Your seventh cousin?"

Sunghoon, Sunghoon...

I've heard his name somewhere. Oh right! The prince that got adopted! He is the descendant of the seventh ancestor. Therefore, he's seventh in line for the throne.

"Ah, Sunghoon? I think I remember," Yeonseo chuckled nervously before looking away. He glanced at her attire, questions started appearing in his mind.

His attention soon changed to the nametag on her clothes.

Oh Baekhee.

He remembered how his best friend, Jungwon whined about the court lady he met in the town.

So it was you, princess?

He thought to himself, chuckling softly. She noticed that she was still in the court lady's uniform. "Oh, this? I just wanted to wear it. I felt bored in my clothes."

He folded his arms and kept quiet. Yeonseo cleared her throat and smiled nervously, "If you don't have anything else to say then, please excuse me," she said before running away.

"I know you escaped from the palace," his words stopped her. She gave up and turned around to face him.

"Please don't tell the king. Please?" She begged and even kneeled in front of him. Sunghoon looked at her and laughed in amusement before walking away.

"Why does everyone keep walking away like that without giving me an answer?!" She said frustratedly, running her fingers through her hair.