11

Yeonseo gripped the princess's memoir tightly as she stomped to the lake. She exhaled heavily and tapped her right foot continuously on the ground. She scoffed, "Wow, you impress me, princess. Of all the men here on this earth, you chose that stupid nobleman."

She opened the pages of the memoir. There were so many paragraphs about how the princess had a crush on Jungwon. "I can't believe you. I thought it was going to be about your life or who betrayed you and all that. I can't believe I'm wasting hours reading about him."

She stepped closer to the water and raised her hand that was holding the book, "I'm going to throw it away! Don't you stop me, Kim Yeonseo!"

Baekhee who stood at the back with the other court ladies sighed. She lowered her head and wiped the tear that fell, "The princess has completely lost her mind. She's talking to herself now."

Yeonseo bit her bottom lip, hesitant to throw the memoir into the lake. "Your handwriting is so beautiful. It would be a waste to throw it away. You must've spent years writing this."

"Aish! Who cares! I'm changing history! I will not let my father see this!"

She dipped the edge of the book in the water and sat on the ground, "I can't do it! Ugh! Why do I feel like something is stopping me?!"

"Your Highness, please don't sit on the ground," Baekhee scurried towards her before helping her stand up.

Don't tell me you're controlling my mind right now, Kim Yeonseo.

How dare you?!

"Please don't talk to yourself like that, Your Highness. You're worrying me," Baekhee said as she tried to hold her tears from coming out. Yeonseo sighed and nodded, "Fine, fine. Don't cry."

She was about to leave but stopped when the king appeared. Sunoo gave her a surprised look, "Yeonseo-yah, you've woken up."

She examined him from head to toe before averting her gaze behind him, seeing Jungwon standing with a blank face. Her heart felt like it was starting to burn out of anger.

Sunoo saw the book she was holding, "What's that book?"

"Oh, this? It's nothing," she said before walking past him. She stopped when she reached next to the nobleman and gave him a death glare.

"You!" She pointed at him. He looked at her, feeling confused and dumbfounded. "Why does it have to be you?! I mean, there's Sunghoon. And there are plenty of other kings for me to have a crush on. But you?!" She said frustratedly.

"What do you mean, Your Highness?" Jungwon lowered his gaze. She sighed, "Ah, forget it. It will only entertain the princess if I talk to you," she glanced at him, "From now on, I'll stay away from you. Don't ever stay close to me," she pointed at him.

He gulped and backed away when she came closer, her pointing finger almost poking him. "Never!" She yelled before stomping away. Baekhee apologised and bowed continuously before running after her.

Sunoo scoffed, "She has completely lost it."

Jungwon looked at him, "What did I do?"

🌷

"Your Highness, let's go inside. You have to change. You can't walk around in your nightwear," Baekhee said as she panted tiredly. Yeonseo walked around the outdoor area, "I need some fresh air to clear my mind."

"Can't you just inhale it from the window?"

Yeonseo frowned and was about to answer until she saw men in expensive attire entering the palace. Baekhee finally stood next to the princess and looked at the men, "Why are the princes here?"

"Princes?"

The court lady was about to explain but stopped at the sight of the queen dowager approaching Yeonseo. The princess eyed her up and down, still having no clue who she was.

Baekhee chuckled nervously before holding Yeonseo's back, making her bow, "How's your trip, Your Majesty? You're here earlier than expected."

"I have to be back since I heard my daughter has gained consciousness," Queen Kim smiled before looking at the princess, "How are you feeling, Yeonseo-yah?"

Daughter?

Is this Kim Yeonseo's mother?

Yeonseo fixed her posture and averted her gaze to the princes that kept entering the palace. Queen Kim noticed what her curiosity was and smiled, "They are your suitors, Yeonseo. You can choose which prince you like."

Suitor?! What?!

"What do you mean? Do I have to get married?" She asked in disbelief. "We should talk somewhere quiet, princess. We don't want your future suitor to see you in just nightwear," the queen dowager said before walking away.

"Mother!"

Queen Kim turned around to face her. "Why do I have to get married? I'm not ready," Yeonseo whined and kneeled on the ground, "Please make them go home, mother. I'm still too young to get married."

"Young? You are at the perfect age to get married. And it's a good thing I called all the princes here. Most of them are crown princes so you can ascend the throne to become queen consort."

She sighed, feeling worried about her future if she marries one of the princes. They all looked like they couldn't handle her behaviour for just one day. Especially when the people at the palace already assumed she has lost her mind.

She furrowed her eyebrows out of confusion at the sight of Sunghoon entering the palace, "Sunghoon?"

"He will be one of the suitor candidates. If you're comfortable with him already then tell me. I can have the other candidates go home."

"No. I'll choose very carefully," Yeonseo forced her lips to smile. She bowed politely to the queen dowager before watching her walk away.

The only way now is to act crazy. That's right. I can act like I lost my mind to chase them away.

I will not get married.