𝐱𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐮𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 (𝟐)

Lazarus banged violently on the door, alerting the building's automatic security, causing sirens to begin to go off and a computerised warning to come over the PA, "Security breach

Lazarus banged violently on the door, alerting the building's automatic security, causing sirens to begin to go off and a computerised warning to come over the PA, "Security breach. Security breach. Security beach."

"What is happening?" Martha asked, looking around frightfully.

Tish whispered, "Uh, an intrusion. It triggers a security lockdown. Kills most of the power. Stops the lifts. Seals the exits."

"He's breaking through the door," Cass stated, eyes narrowed in a mixture of irritation and exhaustion, "We need to go through the stairs, come on!"

They ran down the stairs, hearing the door slam open with a resounding bang, growls echoing down to them as they hurried.

"He's inside!" Martha yelled.

The Doctor tightened his hold around his tether's hand, speeding down the stairs as he shouted, "Haven't got much time!"

The group burst through another set of doors, entering the reception area once more, the guests once loitering around casually now all wearing matching expressions of worry and confusion.

"Tish!" The redhead called, "Is there any other way out?"

"There's an exit in the corner, but it'll be locked now."

Cass nodded, reaching under her skirt for her sonic, quickly setting it on the necessary frequency, before lobbing it at Martha, instructing, "It's on setting 54, be quick!"

The human nodded, rushing off quickly towards the door, her sister following, and the two Time Lords looked at each other, the next course of action formulating between them, before they ran to the platform holding Lazarus' machine, yelling to the people gathered still, "Listen to me! You people are in serious danger!"

"You need to get out of here right now!" Cass added.

An older woman, holding onto a Martini glass scoffed derisively, "Don't be ridiculous. The biggest danger here is choking on an olive."

Glass shattered and Lazarus appeared on the landing above, leaping down to the reception floor. Martha and Tish rushed to open the door as around them, everyone ran for the available exits.

"Mum, get back!" Leo yelled, pushing his mother away seconds before he was hit by a table Lazarus had sent flying his way.

"Leo!" Francine shouted worriedly, as across the room, the two sisters finally managed to get the door open, Martha looking back and yelling, hands ushering everyone inside, "Over here! This way! Everyone downstairs now! Hurry!"

The woman who'd been holding the Martini glass, the one who'd so derisively scoffed at the Time Lords' warnings screamed in fear, as Lazarus stood menacingly before her, stinger raised.

"No!" The Doctor yelled angrily, noticing them, "Get away from her!"

But he ignored them, the sounds of the woman's frantic, pain-filled screeches filling the room seconds before her emptied husk of a body dropped to the floor, drained of all life energy.