Chapter 5

All this new information kinda confuses Emerson but he assumes the person who sold it to him or sold it to the thrift store was someone the man knew. It's obvious he's mad about this necklace being sold off, especially to the wrong person. How could someone pawn off something that they're now dead friend used to own? Did it not have any sentential value? "Was it one of your friends?", He asks. The man nodded, "He was my ex, we stayed friends after our relationship because we made music in a band. We broke it off a year before I died.". In honesty, Emerson is a bit creeped out by the fact that this guy is dead and talking about his death somewhat, it felt a little weird hearing about how things were before they died. It's not like hearing someone talk about how horrible things were before rehab, you can come back from being on drugs but you can't come back from being dead. He walks a bit closer and looks up at the ghost man, "Who was it? Maybe I saw him at the shop.", He says. The man lets his head hang forward as he looks at Emerson, "His name is Ashley, but I doubt you saw him. Our guitarist Jinxx leads our band now but Ashley is the one who got a replacement singer for the band I was in. I know because of course, I haunt those horrible a--holes...if it isn't too much to ask, what's your name? I'm Andy.". Before Emerson responds, he hears the front door open. He speaks in a quiet tone, "My name is Emerson.". Emerson's head turns away to the door, his brothers enter. When he looks back toward Andy's direction the ghost is gone. As he should have expected, he disappeared at the house too when he had looked away from him, same as now. Both his older brothers bring a few bags to the kitchen and unload the food. He sits on the couch and he feels no blame Andy for cursing the necklace, he just wonders why he had done it to get back at his friends. What did they do to make him hate them so much? It could have been that band thing he mentioned, replacing him and all. But that leads him to the question of if the new band member knows about any of this, would Andy hate them for taking his place? It probably shouldn't matter to him, even if he thinks it might be unfair he can't just tell Andy to play the nice guy. From what he knows about spirits, especially angry ones, they tend to ignore human morals. He hears his brother's voice interrupt his thoughts, it was Sebastian's voice, "Em! Come in the kitchen we got something for you!". With a sigh, Emerson stands up and walks to the kitchen, peeking in and immediately being handed a box of chocolate by Remington. "Be happy, Emerson. You've been looking so sas all week and we miss you being happy.". Emerson suddenly feels a bit frustrated, the sleep deprivation isn't helping, "Guys I'm seriously not sad, I'm just very tired. How come you guys are going to immediately assume my depression is getting worse? You guys always get me this all the time when you suspect it so don't play dumb.". Remington gives a dramatic sigh and Sebastian shakes his head a bit, both of them seem set on Emerson just being sad. Yes, he did give the impression he was but that's to hide the truth. "You lose sleep when your mood changes sometimes, ya know..", Sebastian states, in a very broad manner. Emerson looks down before glaring at them, "What the h-ll?! I'm not sad!". "Then what is it?", Remington asks in a rather frustrated tone. Emerson waves his hand upwards, "Don't worry about it right now, I'm not ready to talk about it.", He says. He then walks out and goes to his room, setting the box of chocolate on his nightstand. His gaze turns to his bed where Clockwork lays against his pillow. He picks the ragdoll up and looks at it, "I don't want to tell them about what you told me... I'm getting myself in sh- I can't get out of and this time it'll probably be the last straw..what should I say?". No response, the doll's lifeless body sits still in his hands. "Please..", he begs, "Please help me...I don't know what to do…". The ragdoll cat's head suddenly moves to face him, "I'll help you in a bit, I have something I need to deal with. But I promise I'll come back and help you.", The doll says. He just nods a bit, unsure of if Andy could see him or not. "Thank you…", he says, laying out on his bed.