Chapter six

The next day

When Megan woke up she didn't feel too good, so she decided to call in sick to work.

She lay in bed most of the day watching Netflix and sleeping.

At around 3pm there was a knock on the door.

"Oh hey Ben" she said as she opened the door to the left back.

"Hey I heard you were sick, so I brought you some soup, made it myself" he said with a side smile.

"Awww Ben you didn't have to do that" she said as she let him in.

"I know, but I wanted to" he said as she got two bowls out for them.

"You having some?" She asked him.

"Yeah sure why not" he said as she started pouring soup for both of them.

They hadn't spoken about last night, but she felt like one of them would bring it up.

"Oh god, as nice as you are Ben I have to say you're not the best cook" she said giggling a little.

"Okay I'd have to agree with you there" he said after he had tasted the soup. They both went into the living room and sat down together. "So, uh do you want to talk about what I said last night?" He asked her.

"Yeah I did actually... I just wanted to know what you wanted to do" she asked him as they both looked each other in the eyes.

"Well, I know how much you hate fancy restaurants and all that, so how about you come over to mine and we can do something" he suggested.

"I'd love that" she said with a smile.

"How about tomorrow afternoon?" He asked her.

"Yeah I'll be there" she said with a smile.

-

The next day

That afternoon Megan was getting ready for her date with Ben. She wore a tight white top with some baggy jeans and a white zip up jacket.

She walked over to Ben's, despite the fact it was freezing and knocked on the door.

"Hey, come in you must be freezing out there" he said to her as he moved out of the way for her.

"Thank, so what are we doing?" She asked him.

"Come in here" he said as he lead her into the living room.

"Oh my gosh, Ben, this is beautiful" she said as she looked at the room he had set up for the two of them.

"Do you like it?" He asked her with a smile.

"Ben, I love it, thank you" she said as she hugged him tightly.

"It's alright, so what do you want to watch?" He asked her.

"It's up to you I don't mind" she said as she sat next to him. He put netflix on and went on the films section.

"Oo! How about the new spider man" He suggested.

"Yeah sure" she said as she pulled her sleeves over her hands.

Once they had watched the film together they opened the curtains to see it was snowing.

"Oh wow, look at this" Megan said to Ben as it had snowed quite heavily and was still snowing.

"Wanna go out in it?" He asked her with a smirk.

"Yes!" She said as his face lit up.

"Hang on I'll go get you one of my jumpers" he said to her with a smile as she nodded.

"Thank you" she said as she took the jumper from him.

"It's alright, let's go!" He said as he opened the door and held her hand, which made her stomach burst with butterflies. Ben had some fields behind his house which he lead her to.

"Okay I have never seen this much snow before" she said giggling a little.

"I don't think I have either" he said as he looked at her with a smile. "So, let's make it special" he said as he held both of her hands.

"What do you mean?" She asked him as she felt both of her cheeks go pink. He tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear and started going in, soon their lips collided. "Ben..." she said as she trailed off a little, trying to process what had just happened.

"I get it if you don't feel the same" he said with hope in your eyes.

"Ben, are you kidding? Of course I feel the same way" she said with a huge smile.

"Oh thank god" he said as it felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

-

Once they got back the snow was too thick for Megan to walk all the way back hone, so Ben had offered to let her stay the night.

"Thanks for letting me stay the night and borrow your clothes" she said with a smile.

"It's no problem" he said with a smile. "You can take my room I'm alright in the spare room" he said, generously.

"Are you sure?" She asked him.

"Yes I'm sure" he said.

"Well thank you" she said as she lifted the covers off the bed.

"Good night Megs" he said as he began walking out of the room.

"Wait Ben" she said as he turned around. "Can you uh stay with me tonight?" She asked him.

"Yeah course I can" he said with a smile as he walked to the other side of the bed. She turned the lamp next to her off as he got in bed next to her.

"Goodnight, Megs" he said with a smile.

"Goodnight, Chilly" she said with a smile.

Authors notes:
This book is too short istg