1. Comfort

Snape x y/n

Y/n's POV

It is early morning and we are currently in the Spinner's End because we're going to move into a new house.

The reason of it is because my mom and dad is a teacher and we have to move here because it is the closest to the school where my parents work.

While I am helping in carrying the luggage, I noticed someone looking at us from the window right in front of our house. I saw a black figure, but I just disregard it because I am busy in carrying the luggage.

By the way, I am (y/n/l/n), 12 years old, going to be 2nd year once the school starts at Hogwarts.

Fast forward to the afternoon

I am going to have lunch with my family (mom, dad, and my older brother) but before I sit down, my mom ordered me to bring those foods that she cooked to our neighbors since we just moved here and it is a way to greet our neighbors. Which I'm not happy because I'm not comfortable socializing with people.

After I gave foods to all of our neighbors and I'm finally on the last one which is currently in front of our house. I knocked on the door and when it opened, I saw a man who is very familiar to me. It is Professor Snape, my potions teacher and the headmaster of the house which I belong in.

I am shocked to see him so no words come out of my mouth. I just gave him the food and left without saying anything just like I did to my other neighbors because I don't have time to entertain them.

Fast Forward at night

My mom and dad started fighting again and I am used to it. My older brother comes out of our house and I didn't know where he's going, but I am sure that he just wants to get out of this freaking house.

After a few minutes, I am so done with their so loud argument and fighting. So I just decided to get out of our house and stay inside of our car. I brought my phone, plugged in the earphones in the phone and to my ear and listen to some music. I made sure that I won't hear anything from the outside, creating my own comfort zone.

Snape's POV

I didn't expect Lisa which is my ex, and especially y/n who is my daughter/son to move into the house right exactly in front of my house.

I can't believe Lisa will allow her family to live in this kind of environment. A place with deserted brick houses and broken street lamps, near a dirty river and an abandoned mill with a tall chimney. I don't think my daughter/son is fit for this place.

Y/n didn't know that I am his/her father and I am still not ready to tell y/n that. I just also found out the y/n is my son/daughter when she/he first came into the Hogwarts.

I was reading the newspaper when I suddenly heard loud noises from their house. I peeked from my window and saw Jake, y/n's older brother coming out of their house, going somewhere. Not long enough, I saw y/n coming out of their house and going straight inside of their car.

I didn't expect that y/n is living in this kind of situation. Maybe that is the reason why she/he is so quiet in school. Even though y/n had been experiencing this, his/her grades are still excellent and manage to become the top 1 in the school compared to his/her brother who is a gang leader, a bully and have a failing grade.

I decided to go out and check y/n. I knocked on the car's window which is supposed to be loud enough for him/her to hear but I didn't get any response. Maybe it is because of the earphones he/she's been wearing. From the outside of the car, I can still hear the loud shoutings from their house. I decided to enter the car and sit right next to y/n. He/she still haven't noticed me. Y/n's eyes are closed, he/she looked so peaceful right now away from the world outside of this car. I didn't say anything to him/her and I just grabbed the other piece of y/n's earphone and listened to the music with him/her.

Y/n's POV

I immediately opened my eyes when I felt that someone took the other piece of my earphones. When I looked at my right side, I saw Professor Snape sitting right next to me. His eyes are closed and he looks like he is enjoying the song. I just ignored him and continue listening to the music.

Snape's POV

I didn't notice the time because I have fallen asleep. I suddenly got shivers because of the cold and when I looked at y/n I realized the he/she is only wearing thin clothing. I remove my coat and wrap it to y/n like a blanket. I removed the earphones that he/she has been wearing when I noticed that it is already quiet outside.

I get out of the car and decided to leave once that I made sure that y/n is warmed enough. I got home, but I can't sleep or do anything at all because I still watched my daughter/son from my window making sure that she/he is safe.

March 2, 2022