3. Asthma

In the great hall

Y/n's POV

I am here in the great hall, eating lunch with my friends. I happily talk with my friends here at the Gryffindor table, even though I am Slytherin. Well, it is considered normal by everyone that I am fun to be with because I am an energetic and extrovert person, which is not a normal characteristic of a Slytherin.

After we eat lunch, we still have 40 minutes left before our Transfiguration's class begin so we decided to play UNO cards with my friends. Well, I am a Muggle born and so my friends so we can understand and connect with each other a lot.

We are happily playing just when my throat suddenly becomes itchy that causes me to cough. Not long after that, it was followed by more coughs and it feels like I am gasping for air. I place my hand in my pocket reaching for my inhaler then I immediately inhaled oxygen. But then it is not enough, it looks like my inhaler runs out of oxygen so I need to get a new one but it is still in my room.

From me being energetic and cheerful, my face becomes serious. Luckily, I can still control my breathing and my asthma is still not that bad from this point. But I am sure that any minute from now, I won't be able to control it anymore.

I told my friends that I will just get a new inhaler in my room. I passed my UNO cards to a friend sitting beside me and then I walk calmly out of the great hall, not wanting to get some attention from everyone.

Just a few steps away from my room, I began gasping for air, much worse that earlier. I start running all the way to my room which results to me, panting. I opened the door as fast as I can and reach for my drawer to get my new inhaler. I am really panicking and I am running out of breath so I do it as fast as I can.

When suddenly, Draco and his friends entered my room, ready to attack me. They find me annoying because I am friends with Gryffindors and because of my cheerful characteristics.

Draco then swings his bat towards me, but he missed. On his second try, it finally hit me and that's when his friends started punching me in my face and other parts of the body.

My forehead started to bleed and I collapsed in my bed while gasping for air. That's when they stopped hitting me and kick my inhaler that fell on the floor while they are ganging up on me. It went towards the door and I don't really have the energy to get it. After they left, I can't do anything but I am wishing that someone will help me because I can't shout or speak anymore, I need oxygen and I am close to fainting.

Snape's POV

I watched from my seat as y/n cough and gasped for air. I noticed how y/n's face looked serious after his/her inhaler didn't work. I tried not to look worried even though I really am because y/n still didn't know that I am his/her father.

After y/n leave to get his/her new inhaler, which I predicted because that's what he/she always does whenever it runs out, I waited here in my seat for him/her to come back so I can make sure that y/n is alright. But when I noticed that he/she is taking so long, I decided that I will check y/n on his/her room.

When I came to the Slytherin's common room and head to his/her room, I saw y/n's door opened with his/her inhaler on the floor. I looked for y/n and he/she is laying on the bed, his/her forehead is bleeding and he/she is gasping for air.

I picked the inhaler on the floor and quickly go to y/n. I placed the inhaler on his/her mouth, then she/he inhaled it while holding on my hands to support properly the inhaler on his/her mouth, making it steady.
After he/she inhales on the inhaler, y/n then sits up.

Y/n's POV

"What happened to your forehead?" Professor Snape asked.

I don't want to answer his question because I'm scared of what he will do and also because his favorite student did this to me and I know that he will pick their side.

"It's Da..dra..co and hi..his friends" I hesitantly said.

He frowned after I said that, which I didn't expect him to do. I wonder what he will do then, if he will punish them or just do nothing like he always do to them even though they are bullying lots of students.

"Let me see your wound." he said to me.

I don't know why he decided to heal my wound when he can just send me to the hospital wings. But I am still thankful for his kindness. I guess, he's not that bad at all.

After that I go straight ahead to my Transfiguration class and I'm lucky because I went just right on time.

March 5, 2022