4. Wheelchair

Y/n's POV

It was my fifth month as a first year here at Hogwarts and those five months didn't go along with my life. Lots of bullying not only by students, but also by Professor Snape. I don't know why they hate me so much.

Well, it is not my fault that my whole body is paralyzed. I am just 7 years old when I experienced a stroke, which caused to my whole body to become numb and paralyze. Just a year ago, my mom died due to health disease. Since then, I was taken care by my uncle from a distant relative. In fact, we're not actually related at all. That's why he decided to place me into an orphanage with a few kids with mental disorders.

That's when I met Alex (can be boy or girl) and other kids with special needs. Since then, Alex has helped me to all things, like going to the bathroom, eating, brushing my teeth, turning the pages on my book, doing potions, casting spells, and even turning my position while sleeping so that I will not hurt my back even though I don't even feel anything. Alex has a mental problem, but that didn't stop us from being friends.

We were accompanied here at Hogwarts by Father Neil. He is the one in charge and takes care of us in the orphanage. We are able to study here at Hogwarts because they are trying to launch a program for kids with special needs so that they will be given an opportunity to learn too. Even though I can't move, I still ended up second here at Hogwarts. I am not able to be first because Professor Snape gives me deductions on my potions because Alex is doing it for me and I am just ordering on what he/she will do.

Today, I am here in the forest together with other kids. Hagrid is going to show us Buckbeak. I am under the tree with Alex and we are waiting for Buckbeak to arrive.

When Hagrid came, together with Buckbeak, lots of students run closer to them and Alex was one of them. When Alex ran, he accidentally kicked the rock under my wheelchair that is stopping me from sliding down the slope ground.

That causes me from sliding backwards and as far as I know, there is a river down this cliff and I am sliding towards it now

That causes me from sliding backwards and as far as I know, there is a river down this cliff and I am sliding towards it now. I can't stop my wheelchair from sliding because I can't move my body.

Luckily, a little branch on the ground stopped me from falling downwards the cliff.

No one noticed me because all of their attention is focused to Buckbeak.

Suddenly, a flashback comes into my mind. I remember all of my memories with my mother, how I ended up in the orphanage, all the bullyings and myself not being able to do anything because I am paralyzed. I can't even feed myself and I won't be able to live alone because I will need someone to accompany me.

I am useless and I don't want to be a burden to anyone anymore. I used all my strength just to make a movement in my head. I pushed my head against the tree so that I can push my wheelchair into the cliff below.

After successfully pushing, I stare into the back of my classmates as I slowly drift down the cliff

I ended up falling under the water and I just look upwards as I descend deeper.

Snape's POV

I am here in the forest to let Hagrid know that Dumbledore wants to see him and I will serve as his replacement to this class for a few minutes.

When I saw the group of students from the back, I noticed y/n making himself/herself descend down the cliff. It was too late for me to stop him, that's why I have to save him under the water.

I didn't hesitate to jump off the cliff, then down into the water. I swim into his/her direction while he/she is staring into me. I grab y/n's body and I nodded at him/her before I swim upwards.

We both laid into the ground after and I was so exhausted after that.

I know that I have made a huge mistake to him/her. I am annoyed with those kids who have special needs because they are just wasting our time here at Hogwarts and I thought that y/n have no chance of doing any spells or potions at all because of his/her condition, but I know that he/she is really intelligent because he/she always got perfect scores in the tests and when he/she would team up with Alex because we allowed them to help each other because of their condition.

After I found out that y/n is my son/daughter, I regret all of the bullying I did to him/her. I am such a horrible person. I will never forgive myself after all the suffering I made his/her life into while she/he is here at Hogwarts.

I didn't realized that Hagrid went to our location and he gets y/n's wheelchair from the water and I carried y/n onto his/her wheelchair.

Y/n's POV

I can't believe why Professor Snape helped me. He always tells me that I should just end my life because I can't do anything anyway and I am useless. He should have just let me drown so I can end this suffering.

After I sat in the wheelchair, Alex runs towards me and hugged me.

"Let's go now brother/sister." he/she childishly says to me.

I am so touched and thankful at the same time. I just realized that I still have Alex with me and Father Neil. I just realized that I am not alone at all.

March 7, 2022