Powers

Aria Skye

The only one who actually got to enjoy the meal was Jace. Thankfully the kid was too excited to be with ate Aithne, he didn't get to notice the tense atmosphere around the table.

"Wash your hands after eating, alright?" Ate Aithne was aware enough to keep on tending to the boy so that he wouldn't feel suffocated by the stiff air.

Jace nodded with a smile, "Yes, mama."

Hindi niya pinansin sina Daze na nakatitig sa kanilang dalawa. They must be astonished to see a different side of our sister, well why wouldn't they? The only attitude ate Aithne ever showed them was coldness.

Why are they here, kuya? I talked to kuya Kaeden's mind. 

They just tagged along all of a sudden. Was the thoughts in his mind that I read.

Yes, the three of us can use telepathy now. We learned to do it within the year because Caprice forced ate Aithne to teach us how she did it. It was actually not that hard if you know how to meditate, something Caprice wasn't so fond of.

This is when I understood why mom said telepathy was hard, because it needed a great deal of concentration, and not everyone can stay calm and collected while moving all around at the same time, take Caprice for example.

"Ack!" Agad siyang inabutan ng tubig ni ate Raine ng nabulunan ito.

After almost drinking the entire cup she glared at everyone on the table, "Sino sa inyo ang pinag-chichismisan ako sa isip?" 

"Lamon ka kasi ng lamon." Mahinang bulong ni Zion sa kabilang bahagi ng mesa, ngunit narinig naman ito ng kapatid namin kaya ayon, napikon.

"Aba't--" She attempted to smash her hands on the table, but ate Aithne stopped her.

"If I see any food spilt on the table, you're not getting your allowance for next month." She said this while wiping Jace's mouth because some of the curry sauce was staining the side of his lips.

"Joke lang naman." Dali-dali rin siyang umupo kaya napatawa ng mahina si ate Raine sa kaniyang tabi.

"Thank you for the food, ate Raine!" Masiglang wika ni Jace matapos nitong kumain. 

"You're welcome, love." Tumayo naman si ate Raine at lumapit dito, "Tara, let's wash your hands."

Agad bumaba si Jace sa kaniyang upuan at nagpaalam sa amin bago sumama kay ate Raine papunta sa kusina.

"Why did you chose to come here now out of all days?" Ate Aithne's smile for Jace immediately vanished as soon as he was out of sight.

"We think that if the queen would know the reason for our visit, she wouldn't give us her approval to use the portals." Sagot ni Daze.

Why wouldn't mom agree? 

"Kaeden?" Lingon ni ate kay dito. Napahinto pa siya ng pagsubo at binaba ang kutsara bago sumagot, "I don't know, baby. I didn't even know they were behind us."

"So you used the palace's transportation portal without legal permit?" She stared coldly at the four. 

Sinuklian naman siya ni Thunder ng isang kasing lamig na tingin, "We didn't think legal means would matter once you know what we're about to say."

You're not gonna get away with breaking the rules in front of our sister that easily. Her strictness does not only apply to the basic things in our day to day lives, but also to everything in the book and that includes the judicial matters of the realm.