Another Start

Aithne Blaize

"Seriously, if we weren't grouped in this demo I wouldn't even talk to her." Aria exclaimed as soon as we got home from school.

"Ano bang nangyari?" Raine asked.

"Maxine."

"Ah, kaya pala." She dismissed the subject because she understood the frustration we get when it comes to Maxine, none of us can stand her, pero hinahayaan lang namin siya because she still believes that we killed her brothers, which is somehow true.

Jace may have survived, but the reason why Max drove that car off the cliff in the first place was because of me.

Hindi man ako sinisisi ni Jace pero alam kong alam niya ang totoong dahilan. He's a smart kid, just like his brother.

Speaking of Jace, he's an official student of the academy now. The papers were easy, considering his connection with us. I'm happy that he's starting to fit in, taking full responsibility of his well-being is the least I could do for all those years where I could've done more.

"I never thought she'd take up med, she's such a wuss with needles! Isang reklamo nalang I will stick a monstrous needle up her throat." Aria left the room and headed upstairs to probably change. Out of everyone, Maxine always brings out the expressive side of Aria... not in a good way though.

Well, I don't have to worry about her, she knows how to control her temper if worse comes to worst.

"It's your turn to cook tonight." I reminded Raine.

"Hala! Akala ko next week pa?" She looked at me with eyes hoping that I was joking.

"Nope. Remember when you said you'd do it for a whole month when I got higher grades than you this semester?" She grunted when she remembered and couldn't do anything but head to the kitchen as I headed upstairs as well.

"Duh, pwede mo naman kasing sabihin kay tita Yna ang concern na 'yan para ma-address niya sa dean." I heard Caprice talking to Aria.

"I would look like a sore loser if I use our connection with her."

"Kung sabagay." She shrugged and just headed to her room instead.

"I can't fail." She told me.

"You won't." I assured her and headed to my room too.

A year has passed since the battle versus Kairus. Mom persuaded us that being away would do us good, though I can't say that she's right or wrong about it. Somehow being away from all that drama had its good sides, but I'm still not convinced it was the best choice.

I told her that she needed us beside her, but she's stubborn. She wouldn't be mom if she wasn't.

We've been coping... in our own ways.

Being away from the realm made us think less about all the troubles, but there are moments like this when the memories would be so vivid.

I worry for our mother, she has the responsibility of the entire kingdom on her shoulders. We should be there with her, helping her, but instead we're here. I still think our decision to leave wasn't the right one, but she said it's what's best for everyone. That it's what he would've wanted.

At least Kaeden's been helping her, and we still communicate with them from time to time, but I noticed that they're not telling us everything of what's happening in the realm, and even when I'd ask, I know they'll find ways to twist the facts.

I just can't help but think that they threw us away just because we're no longer needed to defeat their long term enemy, that we're now irrelevant even important information is no longer given to us. But I know mom would never do that, maybe I'm just overthinking it. The stress has caught up to me.