Househusband

(Reader can get preggo but gender is not specified)

Toji never could have anticipated that things would turn out this way. But deep down, he knew it was all for the best.

It started a year ago when you casually mentioned to him that one of your best friends was expecting a baby. Being the supportive friend that she was, she expressed her desire for your future children and her child to be friends. And now, a year later, it had actually happened.

The positive pregnancy test had left both you and Toji in shock. His emerald green eyes widened, and his mouth slightly agape as the reality sunk in. "Holy shit, we did it," you muttered, and in an instant, his arms wrapped around you. You let out a surprised yelp as he spun you around, and both of you burst into merry laughter.

"We're going to be parents," he stated, setting you down and gazing at you with pride and love in his eyes. You giggled and leaned in to kiss him, and he eagerly returned the affection.

Toji had never found solace in anything before. Sure, when he escaped from his wretched clan's estate and started a new life, he enjoyed the comforts of good food, the kind treatment from strangers, and the comfortable clothes. But they all felt... empty.

Until you, this angel who crashed into his life—quite literally, tripping over a rock and falling into his arms. He found solace in your warmth, your sassy remarks, your ramblings, and even your imperfections, which he saw as perfect. And it wasn't until he heard the cries of his firstborn son that he truly understood how much better he should treat both you and Megumi, his new pride and joy.

So he embraced his role as a full-time house husband, while you became the breadwinner, making bank every day. You slayed and purred, living your best life.

"Toji, I'm home!" you shouted as you swung the door open, four years later. The two tiny humans you considered your children immediately clung to your legs.

"Welcome home, Mama/Dada!"

Your heart swelled with joy as you tousled their hair. Tsumiki wasn't your biological child; she was the kid of the best friend you mentioned, staying with you for a week. "Welcome home, my sweethearts. Go upstairs and shower; I'll call you when lunch is ready," Toji said, grabbing your bag and placing a kiss on your cheek.

You followed his instructions, heading into Megumi's bedroom where he and Tsumiki were doing their homework. "Hey there, Megs and Tsumiki. Need any help?" you asked, and they shook their heads, indicating that they were fine. You reminded them to clean up after they were done, and they responded with a positive nod.

"Lunch is ready!" announced the house husband, and he playfully lifted you up, tossing you over his shoulder. Instructing the kids to clean up and wash their hands, he said, "How was your day, baby?" while playfully slapping your ass on the way to the dining area.

"The cafe is booming! And the higher-ups finally let me go, so I can stop being a part-time sorcerer and focus on the cafe full-time!" The higher-ups had been relentless with their demands due to your exceptionally strong cursed technique, which ranked you among the special-grade sorcerers, rivaling Yuki Tsukumo. "Really? That's great, you can finally leave that damn place," Toji said, though his face didn't show it, the tone of his voice sounded impressed and happy. Settling you down on a dining chair and serving you food.

The sound of pitter-pattering footsteps echoed on the stairs as the doorbell rang. "I forgot to tell you, Megumi's friends and Maki are staying over for a sleepover this weekend," Toji informed you, as you headed to open the door while he took care of the kids' meals. "Hello, Mrs./Mr./Mx. L/n!" Yuji, Sukuna, Nobara, Maki, Yuta, and Toge, accompanied by his panda plushie, chimed in unison. The parents greeted you, handed over a list, and provided specific instructions on how to care for the toddlers.

"Gumi!" Yuji exclaimed, running over to play with Megumi. "Okay, everyone, let's sit down so we can eat lunch!" You led the toddlers to their seats, and they obediently began eating without any fuss.

As Toji and you made eye contact and exchanged smiles, he reached out his right hand to hold yours. He was, without a doubt, the best house husband you could have ever imagined.

Being a house husband was no easy task. From doing laundry and sweeping the floor to getting rid of spiderwebs, cooking, baking, parenting, unclogging sinks and toilets, taking care of Megumi's beloved dogs, and finding lost items, Toji had done it all. Well, most of it anyway, until he gave up and called for professional help.

But it was all worth it when he saw your smile. At first, he had spoiled you so much as a house husband that he overworked himself. However, he soon realized that such a mindset was not healthy, especially in front of Megumi.

"Papa, look!" Megumi pointed at a frog onesie, the hood resembling its mouth and two round eyes on each side. You gasped, exclaiming, "There's one for adults too!" Toji groaned at the sight and muttered a firm "No." Both you and Megumi pouted, exchanging a knowing glance before pouting at Toji together.

To his surprise, Megumi's eyes welled up with tears as you cradled him. "Papa," he whined, and Toji looked at the two of you with a frown and furrowed eyebrows. Finally, he sighed and glanced at the price for three onesies. "Fine," he gave in, and you and Megumi instantly dropped the act, smiling triumphantly at him. "Love you, bubba," you said, and Megumi added, "Love you, papa."

Toji's heart swelled with warmth as he managed a small smile. He embraced both of you and peppered kisses on your cheeks. "Love you guys too."

He couldn't help but think that one day, both you and Megumi would be the death of him.

___

A picture of the three of you was proudly displayed on the wall next to the television. It captured a moment of a large, muscular, handsome man carrying a tiny version of himself and embracing his beautiful lover with his other arm. "You know, it's hard to take care of both you and Gumi," you said, sitting down on the couch and leaning into his embrace. "How so?" he inquired, genuinely curious. "At first, anyway, you two are so alike. In appearance and personality, you're both good at hiding things... Well, not from me, but from anyone else."

He hummed thoughtfully, his finger tracing the outline of your wedding ring. After a moment of contemplation, he smirked mischievously. "I'd say he's a bit like you too, he has your smile and face shape, he likes doing things now instead of later, and of course, you're both animal lovers." He says and kisses the top of your head. "A perfect combination of us both, right?"

__

//Rewritten