Casita Falls

My eyes are brown. 

As if everything that had happened wasn't enough, I heard Abuela's voice yelling throughout Casita. Mama and I looked at each other and ran out into the foyer. Abuela seems to be exasperated, looking around Casita angrily. "Abuela, what's wrong?" 

As we look around us, my eyes widened as I took in the appearance of Isabela. Her normally perfect hair was frizzy and a mess, along with her dress. There was color all over her, bright red, blues, and yellows are seen all over her. Mirabel seemed to be trying to talk to Abuela, but she didn't seem to be listening. My eyes widened as their auras flickered like static, no longer the glowing constant that they used to be. I watched as Isabela tried to wipe off the colors of her dress and then hug herself, clearly distressed. With quick movements, I run to her and bring her into a hug, forgetting that we had fought. My sister needed me. 

"She needed me to ruin her proposal. And then we did all this!" Mirabel exclaimed. As Abuela grunted in frustration, I looked upon the new flora that decorated Casita and was in awe. "And the candle burned brighter and the cracks... That's why I'm in the vision!" I moved Isa over to where Luisa was by the wall and watched the fight go down, worry painting my face. "I'm saving the miracle!" Mirabel continued. Like a bomb, Abuela exploded. 

"You have to stop, Mirabel!" Mirabel's face falls. "The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you." A gasp leaves me, and I start to hear rumbling noises. "Luisa's losing her powers. Isabela's out of control. Because of you! I don't know why you weren't given a Gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family." My jaw drops and I go to Mirabel, bringing her into a hug. I turn my eyes to Abuela and frown as she gasps. "Abuela, how dare you! Mirabel would never hurt this family! She loves us!" Mirabel slightly pushes me away but keeps a hold of my hand. "I will never be good enough for you. Will I? No matter how hard I try." My sister then turns her sad face to our sisters. 

"No matter how hard any of us tries. Luisa will never be strong enough. Rosa will never be helpful enough. Isabela won't be perfect enough." She lets go of my hand to walk towards Abuela. "Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him." Abuela's quick to object. "Bruno didn't care about this family!" But Mirabel shuts her down. "He loves this family. I love this family. We all love this family! You're the one that doesn't care!" Casita starts shaking the more Mirabel talks. My knees slightly bend as I try to stay standing. By now, most of our family is watching the fight. 

"You're the one breaking our home!" Mirabel says. "Don't you ever-" Abuela gets cut off. "The miracle is dying, because of you!" Eyes widen as the words sink in. As if to signify the last straw, Casita suddenly breaks right between them. I pull Mirabel away from the crack as Tia Pepa exclaims," No, no, no!" We all look towards the candle in unison and realize that we have to save it. As cracks shoot up Casita's sides, the candle falls over and a few of us try to get it. 

Isabela, Camilo, Mirabel and I all run for the candle. I hear Mama calling after us, but we have to save the miracle! "Casita! Get me up there!" As Mirabel climbs a banner like a ladder, I jump my way up using the walls and reach the next floor up. Hearing Isabela yell out, I see her fall to the ground but sigh in relief as Casita catches her and puts her on the ground safely. I keep going as Camilo also fails to get up to the candle. 

I climb up the ladder after Mirabel and watch as Casita pushes our family out of the house. Worriedly, I yell after Mirabel. "Mira, hurry! It's not safe up here!" As she reaches for the candle, she's too short so I grab her by the waist and try my best to lift her as Casita pushes the tiles beneath us as well. I can hear our family calling for us. "Mirabel! The house is going to fall!" With one last boost of strength from me, Mira exclaims, "I got it!" I put her down and we both look up as a tower starts to fall towards us. I grab Mirabel and push her in front of me as Casita uses the tiles to get us out of the way. I yelp as a stone hit my back and Casita throws us off of the roof, using the stairs to catch us and we land on the ground.