HOME HERE I COME...

It's been 3 years and Devina hadn't been home all this while.Devina was an architect and she she had gone to the UK for her masters and had also found a job there.She was so happy to return home after all these years and was excited .She had moved to India this time and had got a a job as well. So it was a family reunion and all her family members were there and that's when the elders started to talk about the guy who was her grandfather's best friends son .Devina was career oriented and had no belief in love  and was not interested in marriage as well but her grandfather insisted that it was his and her deceased grandmother's wish to see her get married to his friends son and that they had arranged for both the families to meet the next day.Devina tried to speak to her mother and her mother though not interested in the proposal couldn't do anything against the will of the elders .So with frustration rather than tears she went to her room and started listening to music and feel asleep .

Devina's POV

       I was woken up early the next morning by my mother and was asked to get ready to welcome Mr.Smith and his family (my grandfathers friends ).I got ready in a simple yet elegant salwar .It was almost 11.30am when I heard the door bell ring and heard voices in the living room .After a while I heard my mother yell my name and went to the living room to greet the guests .My grand father introduced Mr.Smith and his wife Mrs .Angela and their son Oliver I was least interested on knowing who they were and so was lost in my train of thoughts but then suddenly the name Oliver made me jerk and look up immediately .To my surprise it was indeed the Oliver I had always dreamt of .Oliver Miller my one and only love (unrequited love).

On the other end Oliver thought that her name was familiar but couldn't personally relate to her. Oliver was stuck in his own world and anybody could tell that even if this was his last place to live if the world ended he wouldn't would want to stay here.He had a expression of grief in his face the type of expression when your extremely sad irritated and just want to hide yourself in a den .He didn't even look up to see Devina and when the elders were having a friendly conversation for almost 1 hour now and when suddenly it ended up oh how Oliver would skip school and on how troublesome he was his father mentioned the name of the principal stating that he used to stand infront of his office almost thrice a month .That's when Devina's mother came in and told that the name of the principal sounded familiar and asked which school Oliver had studied .His father told that it was St.Tresa's and her mother said "that why it sounded familiar- Viena (devina's pet name ) also studied there .Guess you guys would have known each other back then .Isnt it perfect destiny .Its in the stars that you guys are destined to meet again and get married "she spoke in excitement.Oliver's father said ,"Devina darling have you seen Oliver in school before ".

Devina's POV 

I didn't know what to reply i hesitantly said yes uncle we were in the same class .That's when Oliver looked up from his phone for the first time.I didnt know how to react and hesitantly waved my hand in a shy manner saying hi .He stared at me for a while and asked "Can we talk".I was so nervous and told yes and showed him the way to my backyard .

Oliver's POV 

 She in deed looked familiar and i was right about it .How can i forget her, she was a topper in class and used to be the  brilliant one in french class as well .If I've not mistaken she has shared her notes with me too.Sh** how did I even forget it .I will tell her that i don't want to get married and that i was forced to come here and also that I still love Laura from high school .

Oliver started speaking to her hesitantly saying ,"hi ,I'm sorry I didn't recognize you I've been off lately .I don't know if you remember this there was this girl Laura who I had loved dearly and who I still love we broke up recently and i just can't imagine anyone else in my life now.So I'm not interested in this marriage but i have no say  can you tell your parents that you don't want this because my parents have seen me depressed and are truly worried for me and want me to move on .I've hurt them so bad already and don't want to any further ,that's why i ask  this of you .Can you ?"

Devina's POV

WAIT WHATTTTTT? DID HE ASK ME TO JUST CANCEL THIS .

He was the only one I ever liked and I have not thought about anyone else I've seriously wanted to tell i didn't want this to the guy who had come home today .If it was not for Oliver i would have told but something about him made me want to make this work .It was his smile that i had fallen for during school and that was missing in him now .I somehow wanted to see him smile like that again .But what if he's going to hate  me if i agree to get married to me .

Hi all this is my first story and i would be more than happy to get to know about your feedbacks on this story .Let me know about your opinions.Your comments mean a lot to me.

Have a nice day guys .