Where am I? -2

3

Okay, think positively. Positively. I comforted myself once again with that mantra.

I should be glad though. Compared to some other web novels I've read, this one is pretty tame.

What is TenSura, you ask? Well, It's a web novel about our mc, Rimuru Tempest (formerly Satoru Mikami), reincarnating to this world in the body of a slime. He befriends a dragon and his niece, makes strong and loyal friends and followers, becomes a king, y'know, typical isekai stuff.

The villain of this cliche Isekai novel was our crazy, sociopathic antagonist getting summoned here with an evil fragment of a dead dragon and deciding to make preparations in destroying the TenSura world.

I won't go into it too deeply, but basically, there was a world-ending war between the two and Rimuru won, becoming super OP by the end of the web novel.

And I'm in that very same world now.....

I dramatically sighed.

....

As I'm wandering aimlessly, trying to find the staircase to descend to the second floor, I start gathering my thoughts.

First off, where am I?

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm in the small country of Ulgrassia Republic. Why? Because this was the home of Ramiris, the third seat of the Demon Lords, queen of the spirits, and manager of the labyrinth I'm currently trying to find the stairs of.

And the reason I said past tense was because she lived with our little slime mc in the novel after much pestering. Of course, Rimuru also gained Ramiris' Labyrinth, something he turned into a rpg dungeon crawler for profit.

I'm pretty sure I'm in Ulgrassia, considering Rimuru's ptsd of unknown variables like an otherworlder. If it was him, someone would've found me by now. Which also means I'm at a time period without Rimuru. Just great. If I see that psycho Yuuki, I'm dead.

Secondly, should I be afraid of Ramiris?

Out of all the demon lords, I would probably have the highest chance of surviving an encounter with her. I might even be able to beat her if I really tried.

Lastly, where is that confidence coming from?

Like more sophisticated isekai novels, the mc isn't the only isekai-ed person in the TenSura world. People of this world love to isekai people here, because a successful isekai is guaranteed to pull a powerful person with a unique skill.

There are three ranks of skills you can obtain in the process of getting isekai-ed here. First, there's the common skill, the standard. Then, there's the extra skill, with power and efficiency magnitudes higher than those of  common skills.

And lastly, Unique skills, they only exist one at a time. Meaning, if someone has a unique skill [skill A], then no one else can obtain that skill until the skill holder dies. They are the next stage of Skills after extra skills. Unique Skills are described to be the "shape of the mind."

I would rather be here than summoned in a kingdom. Usually, they put slave curses on those they've summoned, so I was lucky I came here by reincarnation and not by summoning. Huh. Didn't our isekai-ed slime also get here that way?

I don't know why, but I can't seem to use my skills yet. I can see my skill list, but the only indication of usage are the quests being handed to me. Yes, it's a skill function, not some mysterious system benefit.

Do my resistances and physical enhancement also not work?

To test that theory, I made a pitstop and used physical enhancement to slap myself. If it didn't work, my cheek would be sore for a while. If it did work, I wouldn't feel anything and my bodily resistance would help me cope with the super slap.

Alright, here it goes. I closed my eyes for good measure, and-

*Slap!!*

Oho?

I didn't feel anything, and I definitely felt myself enhancing my palm during that slap. I touched my face for injuries, and checked if any blood had fallen out, only to find none. Nice.

.......

An hour has passed, and I've made it to the second floor by sheer luck. I was lucky there weren't any traps or anything, but that was probably because Ramiris isn't awake yet.

[Quest completed. Reward given.]

A lantern formed out of thin air, and landed directly on my stretched-out hand.

Damn, my skill can do THAT?! I was astonished. There wasn't any indication of my skill [Bartered Settlement] having a creation function. I suspect the reward was given by the entity watching me through my skill, which allowed people to give out quests for skill-given rewards.

[Generating Quest...]

[Quest - Go to the hall on the fifth floor

Reward - unlock function of unique skill [Willful Healing], food, water, and clothes

Failure - eventual hunger and dehydration]

....does that mean they're the ones preventing me from using my skills?

Well, not like I need it right now, but would you welcome someone trying to inhibit your power?

But still, it's not easy to inhibit someone's power, especially a unique skill. Additionally, if an entity is really trying to help me, why not appear before me? Make me praise them or something?

As far as I know, there are no Gods here, and the other beings closest to that title don't have the patience to do this stunt.

As I'm pondering over who the entity is, I keep walking deeper into the labyrinth with the lantern in tow. It made the job much easier. I somehow reached the entrance of the hall I was looking for.

Now.... I hope I don't get attacked by monsters or something. Step by step, I went inside.

Suddenly....

"DROP-KICK PUNCH!"

Someone from behind me hit my head. And that familiar line....

I didn't have time to ponder that train of thought, however, because I immediately fell backwards and hit the ground.

Status

Name - Kira Diel

Species - human

Title - Envoy of the World

Magic - none

Abilities - Unique skill [Prophecy's Predator], Unique skill [Willful Healing], Unique skill [Bartered Settlement], Extra skill [Soul communication], Extra skill [Crowd control], [Thought Acceleration], [Imperfect memory], [Physical Enhancement]

Resistances - Bodily resistance, pain resistance

[Bartered Settlement]

Quest - do tasks assigned from an employer in exchange for a skill-generated reward. Time limits and punishments for failure or refusal can be given within reasonable cause. Roles are reversible.

C######'s seed - Administrator of quests and rewards.

Soul capture - stores souls in the c######'s seed.

[Willful Healing]

Heal - can heal any life-threatening injuries, ailments, curses, and diseases caused by unique skills or lower.

Life's will - gathers vitality from surroundings or certain objects and converts it to vitality that can be used to extend one's natural lifespan.