Tales of a first adventure, phase 2 (3)

7

Do be noted that prior to this event, I've been practicing using guns. I will admit there was a bit of a learning curve (Ramiris would be screaming in the background about how she was almost shot thrice during early practice), but I pushed through by my childish excitement of shooting things.

That's why my first target was very easy to take down. Just one shot through the head was all it took for it to collapse. Then others nearby also came when they felt the commotion, but went out just as easily as the first one.

I used the rope to hook the corpses and brought it to where I was. I then ran back and dropped the corpses off near the entrance, and repeated that process for the rest of the guards.

*BANG*

Another shot fired, another corpse to be brought. I headed towards the next location after depositing the corpse.

Although my explanation makes this job look easy, it isn't. I have to make sure my aim is impeccable, killing them with one shot before they can call others to surround me. I have to make sure I don't accidentally destroy the walls or make them destroy the walls since that could have a domino effect that leads to their escape.

I've had quite a few close calls, mainly with property damage. I can't count the number of times I've almost destroyed the wall while trying to make sure I kill those shell shockers with one shot.

I'm pretty sure anyone with a ranking of B or higher could do this, but since everyone was grouped into "advanced", the same ranking as these monsters, everyone thought these monsters were some big deal. If only they knew how chicken they were, but I can't blame them for wanting to save themselves.

Should I just kill Yuuki and make the free guild myself? I have a gut feeling the world won't allow me to do that, and even if it did I wouldn't have the guts to kill someone right now.

Maybe in the future, though. Maybe.

....

A few hours later....

I went back to the entrance and got down to count how many corpses I got.

10...15...22...31...38....45....47. Wow, that's more than I thought.

Out of the forty-seven I caught, forty were caught by shooting and seven were caught by life's will.

I hadn't actually meant to kill seven of them by life's will, it was just as I was about to shoot after finding a position that can one-hit seven at a time, they all dropped dead. It took me about thirty minutes to find that spot, so I guess that's how long it takes to completely take one's vitality.

With that being said, I have devised a more efficient way to kill all the monsters in there.

The sun was getting darker though, so I guess the plans have to wait for tomorrow. I brought a corpse with me in case Ramiris wanted one, and headed back.

....

"Hm? What are you doing?"

"GAH! WHO DARES TO- oh, it's just you...", Ramiris sighed in relief.

"Don't you know how to knock? I'm doing something very important here!"

"Don't you know how to be grateful? I'm the one that gave you materials to work with. Look, you're even using the equipment that cost me quite a big scare a while ago."

"This little...!"

"Ha! Look at me, then look at yourself. Who's the little one here, Ramiris?"

"Oi oi oi! Respect your elders! Looks can be deceiving!"