-Xiao x genderneurral reader

____________
Xiao,angst,Non-requested
They/them pronouns
[No tw needed]
[No swearing involved]
____________

Xiao huffed heavily, confusion rising to his face. You always visited him even if he said he didn't need you to—so why not today? He'd brush it off as nothing but he can't help but feel something bad is going to happen, or has already happened.

After contemplating what to do for a moment, he decided to teleport around to find you. If he couldn't find you then he'd hope that you'd just call his name at somepoint, but there was something Xiao was worrying about slightly. What if you weren't able to call his name? He brushed the thought off and continued to look for you.

After a while, he found something that horrified him. He pledged to himself not to care for a mortal, and here he was.

Blood was splattered around your lifeless body, three arrows were plunged into you. Xiao did nothing but stand there, staring at your unable state. Why didn't they call me? Why didn't they visit me as usual?

Xiao couldn't help but blame himself, it was completely his fault. If you hadn't wanted to visit him then maybe you would've still been here—if he hadn't managed to fall for you then he wouldn't be drowning in more guilt that usual.

It's my fault.