-Diluc x female!reader

____________
Diluc,angst w/ fluff,non-requested
She/her pronouns
[no tw needed]
[no swearing involved]
____________

You sighed heavily, contemplating whether you were being over-dramatic. Diluc was never one to spill all his feelings out but he always managed to have a conversation with you no matter what—so why does he avoid you now?

You could tell he was avoiding you, it was slightly obvious. He didn't bother to greet you when you were around or make any conversation with you whatsoever. He was blunt during conversations and always said he had to go somewhere.

So, here you were, drinking your ass off with his sworn-brother (or ex-brother? Idk man that sounds weird). "Hm, it possible you have a problem, Y/n?" Kaeya asked, turning his attention onto you instead of the alcohol he had been drinking. You were silent for a minute before you nodded slightly, "I suppose so..". "Is it to do with master Diluc? I've noticed you and him being distant lately." "Was it that painfully obvious?" "Ha, sadly yes. I've seen your failed attempts to talk to him too—Diluc really doesn't  know what he's missing until it's gone" "are you suggesting that I'm planning to leave him?" "No, I'm just suggesting that if he doesn't start showing you that he cares then you should think about whether you should be together still"

That comment caught you off-guard, but he was right. Before you could answer, a hand landed on Kaeya's shoulder. "And I'd suggest you don't give people advice on something that's not your business" the voice threatened. "Ah! Master Diluc, are you here to confess your undying love to miss Y/n?" "No. I'm not here for anything of the sort" "Oh I see, then you wouldn't mind me and Y/n having a slight chat?" "Yes, I would mind. Anything you say to her, you can say infront of me too". Kaeya let out a satisfied chuckle, of course he didn't have feelings towards you—he just wanted to make Diluc annoyed. "Well, I'm gonna head off for now actually. See ya around!" Kaeya then announced, waving to you slightly.

You and Diluc were then left alone. The air was almost intoxicating, making you shiver slightly. After a moment of silence, you felt yourself embraced in warmth. "I'm..sorry." Diluc muttered. Your eyes widened before a small smile appeared on your face, "It's alright, I guess". You felt Diluc's grip tighten on you after you spoke, his face buried in your neck. "You better tell Kaeya to back off and get his own girlfriend" he finally said, smiling slightly into your neck. "Will do" you replied, stroking his hair gently.