Chapter 2: Ranks

Saphine wakes up. She instantly tries to get up to go to her next class but she got nauseous and had no choice but to flop back down. 

"Got beaten up on your first day?!" a wearily/angrily voice calls upon Saphine. She instantly sat up. "Excuse me?" she asks the voice who had just addressed her. "Ugh. Every. Single. Time. A 'fking' fight always has to happen and I drain most of my energy on you brats," a woman scolded her.  She turns into the direction of the voice. She immediately flips back. I ain't gonna look at that face I swear, she thought.

"Why did you turn back?" she asks Saphine, almost menacingly

"Why did you turn back?" she asks Saphine, almost menacingly. Saphine could feel the cold power running through her back. Saphine slowly turned around to see a strict silver-hair woman who radiated with nightmares and coldness. 

"AHHHHHH!!!!" Saphine screams as she fell down from the bed and passed out

"AHHHHHH!!!!" Saphine screams as she fell down from the bed and passed out. Again.

"I see my dear ancestors!!!" Saphine moaned out. "Does my appearance have to send someone to heaven twenty times a day?!" the woman yells as she picks up Saphine And tossed her back on her bed. "Mrs. Lemoi, please be careful of our students," the head master says as he touches Saphine's forehead with the back of his hand. 

"Sir, children has been passing out, looking at my face!" Mrs. Lemoi says as she held her face.

"I would as well! Thank my dear ancestors that I have a great power to sustain myself from passing out! You are scary enough to make me pass out on the canoe in the outdoor activities as well, so I'm sure Saphine Desky has a reasonable answer for passing out," the head master said as he sipped his coffee and left the room, leaving Mrs. Lemoi screaming and cursing at him. "That old creep has to drink coffee 24/7 no wonder he's so short," Mrs. Lemoi muttered. "Say that again?" the head master said suddenly just as he appeared.

"No-nothing!" Mrs. Lemoi said sarcastically. "Well, I have to go get more pastries for the homeroom teachers, and don't insult me, I'm six feet and three inches," the head master said as he sat up from a chair. He was tall. No doubt. "Ugh, Mr. Henold always has to be like that," Mrs. Lemoi says as she takes a cold towel and puts in on Saphine's forehead. 

"Grandma...where are you going? Don't leave me! No grandma... Please! Don't sleep! You might disappear from my sight! No!!!!!! Money?! I...I don't have enough money to pay for your expenses! Bills?! Hospital!!!! NO!!!" Saphine cries and tosses and turns in horror in her sleep. 

Mrs. Lemoi soften a bit. "This girl...how much is she suffering?" she asks herself as she waves her hand over Saphine's head. Saphine calms down, sleeping peacefully as a child. Mrs. Lemoi turns around, leaving the Medical Area silent.

-Two Hours Later-

"Yawwwn!!!" Saphine yawns as she stretches her arms out from her peaceful sleep. But then she saw a backflash of her grandma...

"Agh-cough-cough," Saphine chokes on her tears. Saphine kept on trying to breathe, but she ended up choking on air. Mrs. Lemoi rushed to help Saphine sit down. "Ugh, stop trying to get up! The raspberry-chocolate nectar drink is going to stop working!" Mrs. Lemoi yells as she prods Saphine to get up. "Ma'am...I-I'm sorry for passing o-out," Saphine stutters. "Sarcastic! I'd be sending twenty students to heaven! Now, drink the rest of the nectar!" Mrs. Lemoi shoves Saphine the drink. It was oddly red with chocolate swishing around the bottom. "What's nectar?" Saphine asks as she cautiously stare at the weird mixture.

"It has sweet healing raspberries, chocolate shake for protein and sugar, apple slices for calming and..." as Mrs. Lemoi kept ranting on. But Saphine took no notice when she sipped the nectar. It tasted like her grandmother's raspberry-chocolate filled donuts. She took sip by sip, draining the whole cup down. Mrs. Lemoi gawked at her like a cat that had just found it's corpse.

"Can I have another cup?" Saphine asks. She was clearly hungry for more. Mrs. Lemoi looked at her as if she asked for beer. "Definitely not. Besides, every student hated the mixture, they would always throw the drink at me. And guess what happened?" Mrs. Lemoi asks me, smirking. "I shoved it down their throat! But considering you like it, yes, you may. I'm glad I didn't have to send you to heaven aga-"

Saphine screams in pleasure and grabs the whole cabinet of raspberry nectar. "Wait you can't just snarf them do-" Mrs. Lemoi yells after her. But yet, Saphine had ran out to her last class period. "Sorry!!" Saphine yells as she runs down the hallway. Mmmm I can't wait to drink this! Saphine thinks as she arrives at her last class block. Combat. Her last one was about abilities. Saphine turns pale white, and was stiffly  waiting to enter the class, with the boy who saved her. 

"What do you have there?" he asks as he grabs the bottles of medicine. "Um...I don't know," Saphine says as she looks at him in the eyes. Grey eyes, a nice jawline, a straight nose, and light brown hair, almost styled as mushroom hair. For a second, Saphine looks at him, and glaring at him,  she rushed into the class, grabbing the medicine from him. 

You probably don't have a good description of Saphine-you probably know some of her traits. Saphine has long brown glossy hair, that falls down to her elbows. She usually ties up her hair, but she lets in down in a special occasion She has side bangs, and strangely, her eyes are multicolored. She's neat, she eats well and excises. She has a small birth mark on her right eye. Her eyes- well, it's not like two different colors or a blob of colors on the outside of her pupil, but whenever she looks at sunlight, or random things, her eyes are randomly turn grey, or blue, or purple, or maybe even purple.

Saphine says that this was just a disease in her eyes. But strange...she can see perfectly fine. "Ehm, Mrs. Desky. Do you have a slip to notify you were at the medical area?" a strict lady says as she reaches out her hand for the slip. "No ma'am, but I have a permission slip that informed that I was there," Saphine says politely. Saphine was respectful, but she wasn't easy to be toyed with. "Very well, give me your hand, I need to fill out your descript for your ability, I need to know what's your ability," the lady says as she reaches out again but for her hand. Everyone was watching like a Hawk except for the guy who saved her. He was yawning. 

The lady reaches out for her hand, but Saphine immediately swipes it back, a bit nervous. Everyone gawked at her like a chicken who just lingered around here. "Miss, I don't like being touched, and please, I don't have an a ability," Saphine says as she fumbles for her pencil. Again, silence filled the room. "Nah you're lying. Everyone in this school has ONE ability at least! Unless you are in Epic or Legend, or Mythic! They all have two abilities. But there is only one Legend student," a random student says as he points at the boy who saved/punched me. "Him, Luke Verlice!" the boy says as he smiles. I just glance at Luke and just sat down.

"The Rank Competitions are coming soon, in December. You can either rank down, or rank up. To Mythic. Luke, my favorite student," the lady swoons as Luke just rolls his eyes and kept on reading his book. Everyone swoons as well but all I did was listen to the teacher, fascinated.

"Ranks? Like...fighting ranks?" Saphine says as she picks out a notebook to use. "Yes, using magic or combat," the instructor says as she does a little wave with her hand. Air was condensing in a aura. Then, a ball of energy was floating off her hand. "Everyone, try this, using a glass blade shatter with sand dune..."