Chapter 3: Take up or Down

Saphine just stares at the levitating ball. "I can't do that!" Saphine says, sweating. Not even a speck of magic was on her hand. "Then you don't belong here," Luke says, smirking. "Luke, please, that's not very kind," the instructor says, but in a nice tone. Do these people really treat him like a king? Saphine thought as she keeps on trying. 

"Saphine, it's ok, I suppose it's alright. The headmaster will be informed with this," the instructor says as she passes Saphine. "Um...ok," Saphine says shortly after when she was drinking nectar. "Alright then, now start conjuring-" the instructor starts but then the bell rang. The instructor looked puzzled, either that Saphine liked the nectar or that Saphine did not have an ability. Or even both.

"Ok, homework for tonight...is to make a glass orb out of crystal lumin, only using your powers. No mortal hand glass worker!" the teacher says as she passes out a shiny sharp blade with just a piece of paper. Saphine seemed delightful, even though she doesn't have a ability.  "Class is dismissed!" Everyone was running out, getting ready to go to their dorms. Everyone but Saphine was left.

"Ehm, Miss Desky. I would like to have a word with you," the teacher says, as she raps her desk with her fingernails. But for some strange reason, it was in a rude tone. Not exactly mean, but strict and stern. Huh. Wow. She got a lot of nerve to be all nice in one second, then rude in another second. Saphine thinks as she sits down on a wooden stool, in front of the teacher before setting her phone on her desk.

"I suppose you don't have ability, why did you sign up for this university then?" the teacher says as she narrows her eyes at Saphine. "Ma'am, is it really that important for me to tell you? It's just as if you asked me whether your book had just slammed into your face, or that you are just very blind," Saphine says lifting the teachers glasses out of her book.

"Mind you, I would be careful of your insults," the teacher says with glowing eyes. "Sure I should be scared, and I'm Luke Verlice," Saphine laughs sarcastically. "He is one of the top High Tier's! It is all in position that teachers would obey him!" the teacher growled at Saphine. "Oh, so bowing down to your all-legend stupid king while you bully Low Tiers? I bet if Luke asked you to show all the riches of this University, you would do it because you are just a coward who obeys High students," Saphine says as the teacher grabs her collar.

"You might want to shut it before I melt your neck," the teacher says as she strangles Saphine, using her hot molten glass. Saphine begins to choke, but she just laughs, coughing as well. "What's that smirk for huh?" the teacher says smirking as Saphine grabs something underneath.

A glass blade.

Saphine stabs the teacher, directly in her stomach. The teacher howls in pain, but it quickly turned into smirks. "I'm the Duchess of Glass, you can't stab me with glass...when all it does is reflect..." the teacher says laughing her hair somehow flicks in a way that would pierce you. Saphine next, looks at her stomach and gasps. The same glass that Saphine used on the teacher, was in the same place that she stabbed her. Blooding was eliminating out of her body..

Saphine yelped in pain, stumbling into a corner. "Nothing else to defend you, huh? I'll settle for another mortal to be dead," the teacher says, swaying a glass blade in the air teasingly.  "Send," Saphine croaks out, blood dripping down her mouth. Ding! Her phone rings, which meant that everyone received the video. Saphine sensed something that was going to happen, so she set her phone on camera mode before sitting on the stool.  "You moron!" the teacher yells at Saphine, ready to kill her, but in a flash of light, Luke was there. 

Luke looks her in the face, his eyes glowing, and then she was flying against the wall. The teacher immediately passes out, leaving Luke and Saphine standing next to each other. Or actually, Saphine was slumped down on the wall, trying to breathe. The pain was horrible, but it was more horrible for Saphine. "So...you took the billboard text number from me, right?" Luke says as he props Saphine up, carefully. "I-I guess..." Saphine stutters as she tries to walk. Saphine immediately buckles over, but accidently falls into Luke's arms. Luke picks her up, muttered some words as he carried Saphine out. "What are we going to do with her?" Saphine asks, pointing at the passed out teacher.