Chapter 1: She came

It was the next day morning after Kashish and Piyush's marriage. After the morning pooja, Veena was sitting on the sofa thinking about Sujal. Sujal came down.

Sujal: Hello mumma.

He went and picked up a bottle of alcohol. Veena saw that Sujal's eyes were swollen, he was crying the entire night.

Veena: Good morning beta.

Sujal: Good hi kya hai iss morning mai mumma? Meri zindagi ka mazak ban chuka hai. Mai..

He held back his tears and left with the bottle. He went up and inside his room.

Veena: Sujal..beta sunno!

Veena's attempts were unsuccessful. He was already inside his room. She was sad seeing Sujal in such a terrible state. She then decided to meet Kashish.
___________________________________________

In Kashish's room, she was ready and had just applied sindoor in her maang (hair partition). She saw Veena standing near the door.

Kashish: Arre auntie. Aap.. aaye na..

Veena came inside and closed the door behind her. She came near to Kashish, her eyes were already teary.

Veena: Kashish, bachalo mere Sujal ko, sharab ki samundar mai doobne se bachalo beta..please, mai tumhare haath joodhti hu.

Kashish: Auntie, ye aap kya kar rahi hai! Mai kaise yeh kaam kar sakti hu? Mai..

Veena: Kashish, yeh baat tum bhi jaanti ho ki Sujal tumhe bohot chahta hai. Ab tum hi usse apni barbadi karne se rok sakti ho, please Kashish, mere Sujal ko bachalo..woh jeete ji apne aap ko maar dega aise toh..

Kashish: Auntie, mujhe maaf kar dijiye. Mai aapki issme koi madad nahi kar sakti. Ab yeh Sujal ko khud hi samajna hoga ki mai ab Piyush ki patni hu..issme mai aapki koi madad nahi kar sakti..mujhe maaf kardena Auntie.

Kashish left from there. Veena knew that Sujal won't accept this fact easily. He needed support, a support that she couldn't give. It pained her to see her child so helpless and sad, drowning in alcohol. She tried to convince Kashish once again but it was all in vain.
___________________________________________

It was around 4 o'clock in the evening, when Veena heard a bell ring. She was in her room. Then she heard Sanjana's voice.

Sanjana: Oh my God! What a pleasant surprise! Aap yaha!!

She heard a lot of chuckles then, she understood that they had a guest at home.

Varun: Didi! Aap kaisi ho! Aapne Piyush bhaiya ki shaadi miss kardi!

Rishi: Itne time baad didi humari yaad aa hi gayi!

Aman: Didi accha hua aap aa gayi! Aapki bohot yaad aati thi hum sabko!

She heard that all the children were down and they were addressing someone as didi. She came out to see who it was. Her face lit up with happiness.

Veena: Naina!

Naina turned around and saw Veena standing up on her floor.