Chapter 2: Gifts

Sujal came down reluctantly. He knew when be came down he'll see Kashish and Piyush together. He came down thinking how he can avoid looking at them. He walked down the stairs and was shocked to see Naina standing there in front of him. He couldn't believe his eyes.

Naina saw him, he looked miserable. His eyes were swollen and red.

Naina: Sujal..

Sujal's eyes teared up. He couldn't believe that Naina was there in front of him. He needed the support that Naina used to give him whenever he scored bad marks in any subject. He picked his hand up and touched her cheek. Naina as usual smiled at his touch. Sujal realised that he wasn't dreaming or hallucinating.

Sujal: Naina..NAINA!

He hugged Naina very hard

He hugged Naina very hard. Naina was shocked. What had happened to him. She felt his tears flow on her shoulders. She realised that he was in pain. She also hugged him tighter. Her hands went near his neck and caressed his hair quite the other one was on his back. After a long hug Sujal felt a little better and left Naina. He wiped his tears before anyone else could see them.

Naina: Sujal, you're fine right?

Sujal tried to ignore the question.

Sujal: Naina, tum yaha kaise?

Naina: maine chutti li hai yaha sabke sath kuch hafte bitane ke liye.

Sujal: Wonderful! Tum jaane ke baad kabhi yaha wapis hi nahi aai Naina, mujhe bohot bura laga!

Naina: Ab aa gai hu na! Ab jitna masti karna hai ek sath karte hai! Arre! Sujal, iss se yaad aya, maine sab ke liye gifts khareede hai. Aao!

She took Sujal by his hand. He was smiling right now, he was looking a little less tensed. Veena saw that Sujal was happy to see Naina, and how he smiled after seeing her, it was one of those rare smiles that he used to give. He was genuinely happy even though he was around Piyush and Kashish. Naina took everyone with her near the table, Varun brought her suitcase to her. Naina opened and started to distribute the gifts. All this while, Sujal was sitting next to Naina.

Naina: Yeh wala CG uncle aur Lalit uncle ke liye hai. Yeh lijiye uncle.

CG and Lalit took the gifts and opened them. While they were opening Vasundhara came home from outside. She saw Naina.

Vasundhara: Naina! Dear! What a suprise!

Naina: Vassu auntie! Hello!

Vasundhara: Tum kab aai? Why did no one inform me!

Naina: Bas abhi abhi aai..aaye na, maine sab ke liye gifts khareede hai!

Vasundhara joined them all. She saw that CG and Lalit were opening their gifts.

 She saw that CG and Lalit were opening their gifts