Chapter 16: Sujal's act of kindness

Sujal and Naina had just finished their engagement and were sitting in the dining room with the other super 6 and Abhimanyu who had come to attend the engagement.

Abhimanyu: Naina..hum aapke liye bohot bohot khush hai! Aur dekhiye, aisa lag raha hai jaise hummara dost, sabse khas dost Rajveer bhi aaj iss moment ko dekh kar smile kar raha hai!

Abhimanyu pointed at one picture of Rajveer that was there. Naina looked at his face and her eyes became wet again, all the visuals of his death playing in front of her. Sujal held Naina's hand gently. Naina looked at Sujal and he gave an 'its alright look' to her.

Abhimanyu: umm..dekhiye mera woh matlab nahi tha..woh bas hum kehna chah rahe the ki..

Sujal: It's alright sir..waise bhi mujhe Rajveer sir ke baare me bohot kuch pata chal chuka hai already..and I really agree ki unhe bhool pana is impossible aur mai yeh expect bhi nahi karta Naina se ki woh unhe bhool jaye..after all he was a perfect gentleman, unke jaisa shayad iss duniya me aur koi nahi..so I just believe ki aise acche aur great logo ko kabhi bhi apne dil se ya yaado se nahi nikala chahiye..

Yudi: wow man! You're really an amazing person Sujal! Agar mai hota toh shayad gussa ho jaata aur kehta ki baar baar apne past ko kyu yaad kare jaa rahi ho and all and all!

Ali hit Yudi with his leg and Yudi realizes what he had just blurted out! He looked at Naina apologetically.

Yudi: Oye Naina.. I'm sorry..I didn't mean it..

Naina: Nahi Yudi..it's absolutely alright! It's just ki mai aaj jo hu woh Rajveer sir ke hi wajah se hu..isiliye jab tak mai zinda hu tab tak unke woh saare kurbaaniya khas kar woh jo unhone mere liye aur bhaiya ke liye kiye, woh mai nahi bhool sakti..

Sujal: Aur mai nahi chahta ki tum bhool jao! Mai chahta hu ki tum unhe yaad rakho aur unse har din inspiration lete raho! Tum log sab bohot lucky ho ki itne acche inspiration mile hai tum sabko..nahi toh usually sab ki zindagi me bas dhokha, wishvasghat aur fareb hi hota hai..koi aisa accha insaan aata hi nahi hai jisse ki inspiration leke apni zindagi jio..

Naina kept a hand on his shoulder. Sujal looked up and smiled. Alekh came and hugged Sujal from behind. Sujal felt the comfort level just increasing.

Alekh: Oye emotions ki dukan! Chal tere sath bhi ek photo lete hai hum sab..phir isko bhi frame karke rakhunga mai!

Ali: Emotions ki dukan? Alekh bhai, ab yeh kiska naya naam hai?

Sujal: Mera!

Saying this Sujal started laughing. Alekh ruffled Sujal's hair.

Sujal: Chalo! Ek photo ho jaye!

They all stood up and took a group photo, Abhimanyu opted to take the photo of the gang. Soon after they left.

___________________________________________

It had been 2 months to their engagement and it was time for their marriage. Sujal went to the jewelry store to buy Naina a beautiful necklace set for her to wear with her shaadi ka joda, for which he had already placed the order and was going to pick it up that day itself. Sujal had finalized a beautiful diamond studded gold set for Naina and a kundan choker, he was at the billing cou ter when he spotted his mother selling her jewelry in return of some money. It hurt him to see this, although he used to say he doesn't care, but his love for his mother hadn't died down, after all he had loved his mother the most. He saw her struggling to give away her most precious jewelries, he clothes were also looking quite old, she usually used to get new clothes every now and then and give her old sarees to the poor but he could recall this saree to be an old one. It was quite shocking to see her like this selling her jewelry. He overheard their conversation.

Veena: Bhaiya please thoda sa toh zyada mol do..bohot saare aur keemti hai yeh jewar mere..

Seller: Madam, yeh saare bohot purane fashion ke hai, ab humme isse pighlakar, naye mold me daal kar phir apna product banana padega, yeh ab kaun khareedega? Isiliye price kam hi milega aur phir inn ke sath aapke yaadein judi hongi isiliye aapko yeh aur bhi zyada keemti lag rahe hai aapko..

Veena: Ji..par ek baar tohaur koshish kijiye..bhaisahab please..

Seller: Theek hai mai seth se pooch ke aata hu ki last price kya laga sakte hai..

Veena: Ji..please...

The boy came to the seth who was billing for Sujal. Sujal looked at Veena.

Veena: Hey bhagwan..bas yeh gehene bik jaye toh thoda aaram hoga sabko ghar pe..pehle se hi losses pe losses hi rahe hai..itna toh ho jaye..kripa karna..

Sujal looked at the seth who wasn't ready to increase even a little bit of the price, Sujal felt bad for Veena, no matter how bad she might've become but she had given birth to him, patented him, he owed atleast this much to her. Sujal said in a low voice so that Veena doesn't hear.

Sujal: Sunno! Yeh gehne dikhana..Bilkul aise hi style ka dhoondh raha tha mai!

The seller and the seth both of them became happy and quickly showed the jewelry to Sujal. Sujal finalized buying them all.

Sujal: Aur yeh jiske hai unse aap acche bhav me khareediye aur mai aapko aapka payment kar dunga..

Seth: Ji sir jaisa aap chahiye..

He confirmed the price with Sujal and Sujal agreed. The seth went to Veena and gave her the money against the jewelry, she was gald that they had changed their mind and decided to give more in exchange of her jewelry. She took the money and left. Then Sujal came to the billing counter. Sujal was making his payment when Veena entered again, she saw Sujal buying her jewelry along with some other jewelry. Sujal took both of the bags which had the jewelry and started to leave when he spotted Veena standing outside the store. Sujal looked away and walked out from in front of her avoiding any talk. Veena followed him, all she wanted to say was thank you, and know how he was but Sujal was avoiding her making it an impossible task for her to talk to him. Soon he went to the designer and collected Naina's joda. He walked out and was stopped by Veena.

Sujal: Excuse me..

Veena: Sujal..beta..

Sujal: Ma'am! Excuse me! Mujhe jaana hai! Raasta dijiye!

Veena: Sujal..itna gussa? Kya mai tumhare liye maine nahi rakhti?

Sujal: Ji nahi! Mai aapko jaanta tak nahi hu! Mera raasta chodiye!

Veena: Mai jaanti hu ki tumne mere woh gehne khareede hai..aur tum kehna chahte ho ki mai maine nahi rakhti? Agar aisa hi tha toh khareede hi kyu unn gehno ko?

Sujal: Sorry! Galti ho gayi! Maine jo bhi kiya usse aap galti se bhi mera pyar mat samajh lena aapke liye! Woh jo bhi kiya aapka karz chukane ke liye kiya, woh karz jo aapka mere upar hai! Bas!