Chapter 4: Mission Sujal

That night they all went to bed after the walk. Naina, before going to sleep met Veena once again and they both headed outside to discuss something.

Veena: Ha beta, bolo..

Naina: Auntie, kal mujhe kuch kaam se bahar jaana hoga..agar mai Sujal ko apne sath le jau toh theek hoga kya?

Veena: Beta, kal toh uski important meeting hai, par ha, mai usse bolke tumhe waha se wapis lane bol sakti hu.

Naina: Theek hai auntie, toh kal se mission Sujal ki shuruwat hogi.

Veena: Mission Sujal?

Naina: Ha auntie, Mission Sujal..iss mai hum apne Sujal ko wapis laane wale hai!

Veena: Theek hai beta! Jo naam dena hai woh do! Par ha mujhe batate rehna ki mujhe kya karna hai!

Naina: Abhi ke liye toh aap bas bol dena ki woh mujhe kaam se wapis lene aa jaye, baki ka mai sooch ke batati hu aapko.

They both then went to sleep. Veena was happy that now she had some help to bring back Sujal to his old self again.

Next day morning, Naina got up and got dressed for her work. She came down and saw everyone on the dining table. Sujal had just come down to say bye to his mother before leaving for work. Everyone was shocked to see Naina. Naina looked at them all thinking why they were looking at her like they had never seen her before.

Naina: Kya hua? Sab theek hai na?

Sujal: Naina..tum..

Sujal looked up and down at Naina.

Naina then remembered that they do not know that she is in the army.

CG: Naina beta, tum..

Sujal: Naina tum army mai ho?!

Naina: Ha Sujal..sorry mai batana bhool gayi thi aap sabko..maine army join karli thi..

Piyush: Naina, tumhari..

Sujal: Naina tumhara post kya hai?

Piyush looked at Sujal, he was speaking but Sujal interrupted him in between. Sujal was too shocked and happy to know that Naina was in the army. That's why he was cutting everyone mid sentence.

Naina: Captain Naina Singh Ahluwalia reporting sir! (She saluted them)

Sujal: Captain!!

Sujal came near Naina and hugged her. Naina's hands were in the salute position when Sujal hugged Naina. His hands were on her waist and he picked her up. Everyone saw how happy Sujal was after knowing that Naina is in the army.

Kashish on the other hand was not liking what she was seeing. Sujal this close to someone else..she couldn't bear to watch it.

Sujal: Naina! Tu ne bataya kyu nahi iss se pehele?

Naina: Arre mai bhool gayi! Aur waise bhi, mai batake kiya karti?

Sujal: Naina! Dekh mai kitna khush hu jaan ke ki tum army me ho. Upar se Captain!

Naina just smiled at Sujal. She was feeling shy. He kept his head touched to her head.

Sujal: (softly) Yeh meri maharani, army officer kaise ban gayi?!

Naina: Bas bann gayi!

CG cleared his throat. That is when Kashish realized that she was holding her chunni and it was twisted out of anger between her fingers.

They two were pretty close to each other and they hadn't realised it until CG cleared his throat. Sujal quickly left Naina and straighten up and so did Naina.

Veena: Naina, kaam pe ja rahi ho?

Naina: Ji auntie, thoda sa kuch kaam bacha hai woh khatam karke meri chutti shuru ho jaati hai..

Veena: kuch kha lo beta...

Naina sat down to eat. Sujal who was going to office also sat down next to Naina. Naina took a little food and ate and she saw that Sujal did the same. She finished her food and signaled Veena that it was time for their second phase of the plan.

Naina got up to leave, when, as planned Veena said,

Veena: Naina, beta kaam pe kaise jaaogi?

Naina: Auntie mai bus ya auto kar lungi.

Veena: Aur wapis kaise aaogi?

Naina: dekhti hu auntie, agar bus available ho toh uss se ya phir, phir auto pakadna hoga..

The things were going as planned until,

Sujal: Naina, yeh sab karne ki koi zarurat nahi hai, I'll leave you there and pick you up as well.

Well, according to their plan, Veena was supposed to ask Sujal to do so but here, Sujal himself offered it. This was a good sign for their mission!

Naina: Nahi Sujal, it's alright..tumhara kaam hoga, I don't want to disturb your schedule..

Sujal: Nonsense Naina! Tum mera koi schedule disturb nahi kar rahi ho, aur mai kuch nahi sunn na chahta, mai tumhe kaam pe chod raha hu aur lene bhi aaunga. Understood?

Naina: Yes sir!

They all laughed and Sujal and Naina left. Veena saw this as a big achievement. Sujal asking it from front was something they hadn't predicted. She ate food happily knowing that now her son will be happy..very happy soon.

Sujal and Naina sat in the car together. Sujal reversed the car and stopped it after they exited from their house. Naina looked at him wondering why he had done so.

Sujal: Naina, tumne mujhe kyu nahi bola ki tumhe kaam pe jaana hai?

Naina: Sujal mai nahi chahti thi ki mere wajah se tumhara kaam ruk jaye.

Sujal: Naina, aage se aisa mat karna..mujhe bura laga ki tumne mujhe nahi bata ke khud bus ya auto se jaane ki baat kar rahi thi..

Naina: Theek hai Sujal, aaj se mujhe jaha bhi jaana hoga mai tumhe bol dungi. Theek hai ab?

Sujal: Ha..ab theek hai.

He hugged Naina. Naina didn't understand why but she could feel that Sujal was trying to calm something inside of him..something that troubled him.

He then drove her to the military office and left asking her when he should come. She went inside to report to her work. She had to be on duty for 3 more days before her holidays started.

It was around 8:30 pm that her work had finished. Sujal came to pick her up. Naina had just come out talking with a junior. Sujal saw how beautiful she was looking, how brave she was, how daring she was. His eyes denied to leave her sight.

Then Naina finished the talk with her junior and came to Sujal to go home.

Naina: Chale?

She came in and sat down on the seat. She looked towards him when she received no answer. She saw that he was busy looking at her. She waved her hand in front of his eyes.