• Oblivion •

I've been let down so many times. But that moment crashed me down more than I thought it would. Trusting someone so badly that they end up disappointing you made me realize how senseless was, and could easily be fooled.

 Trusting someone so badly that they end up disappointing you made me realize how senseless was, and could easily be fooled

My eyes were so watery that it felt like burning with fire. Stomach fluttering, lips trembling, I shrunk the moment he took a step forward.

"Evelyn.." he calmly said as he took another step forward.

I shrunk back again, scared of him, "Don't call my name on your mouth, you fucking murderer!"

He cleared his throat, "This is not what you think it is." he said, carefully standing still as he didn't want to frighten me by any move.

"I saw you murder him with your bare hands!" I whimpered, heavily breathing as I pointed at the passed out man, totally trembling.

He sighed in regret as he looked away from me, "I didn't kill any of them."

"What the fuck are you trying to justify?!" I sobbed, "Can't you see all the blood you caused?"

"They were bad guys, they deserved it." He coldly said, not being able to look me in the eyes.

I shook my head as I chuckled with disgust, "You really work for the mafia, don't you?" I looked at him with hatred while he looked down, giving me the right answer.

I looked at the sky as my eyes welled up in tears, "I thought so." I whimpered, biting my bottom lips that was badly trembling.

"You know nothing." he shook his head, his eyes carrying regret and shame, "At least let me explain–" he reached to my hand, but I flinched, pushing his arm away.

"Don't you dare touch me!" I glared, vision blurry from all the tears that were stored in. I looked at him disappointedly, "I thought you were my friend."

His gaze suddenly was laid on me, full of guilt and heart break. "I am." he choked out, almost whispering as his eyes were slightly as glassy as mine.

"No." I trembled, "You never were."

He looked down in despair, like he was breaking apart. But managed to pull himself and looked up at me, "Let me drive you home."

"I'll order an Uber." I weakly said, not daring to look at his eyes. I was so scared of him at that moment. I wished I'd never accepted going with him anywhere in the first.

"No. I'll let my driver drive you home." he stated with a cold tone as he texted the driver on his phone. "He's going to be here in a min—"

"I don't wanna see your face ever again." I cut him off,  finding him again staring in shock and sorrow for some seconds.

He slowly reached to me, I didn't flinch this time, I was so distracted with the fact that I just got let down by someone I thought was going to be one of my dearest, trustworthy friends.