• Epiphany •

"And I'll never go home, again."

...

"Why didn't you tell me earlier that it was today?!" I impatiently questioned, packing my backpack in a hurry.

"Well, we wanted to surprise you!" Olivia shrugged, helping me pack my important stuff that I would need for the trip.

"You should've cautioned me!" I blurted with a frown, rushing to my closet as I opened it. "I hate surprises!"

"Since when you don't like surprises?" Olivia raised her eyebrow, making me irritated.

"Since forever!" I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, Evelyn." Olivia rolled her eyes back while Emma bit her nails in anxiousness. "Just get ready!"

I turned my gaze into Emma's direction, she looked nervous and tensed, which made me concerned.
"What's wrong Emma?"

"I forgot my swimming suit!" she squealed, shaking her legs in annoyance.

Me and Olivia rolled our eyes at her. It wasn't the first time for her to forget such important things. We were surely used to it. So I knew Olivia put that into consideration.

"Don't worry, I got you." Olivia grabbed a pair of mint green retro bikini that had white dots on it, then she passed it to Emma.

"Oh my god, you're a life saver!" Emma squeezed her eyes shut as she delightfully hugged the cloth to her chest.

"I'm ready." I said as I zipped my backpack and wore it.

Olivia took a deep breath as she reached to me and put both hands on my shoulder, "Now listen."

"Hmm?" I innocently raised my brow.

She took a glance at Emma, then back at me. "We're only gonna sneak you out to make sure you're safe."

"Awh," I pouted sarcastically, tilting my head.

Olivia's face was serious, she shook her head as she proceeded to continue. "Once we're sure that you're away from the house. We're gonna go to school and take the bus."

"Wait, what about me?"

"You will go on your own." Olivia clarified, "If our principal saw you in school she wouldn't hesitate to call your mother. We need to avoid that."

"Fine," I sighed. "I'll take my bicycle."

"We will meet you at the resort." Olivia said, carrying her backpack and climbing the window. "You got money?"

"Yep. Got it." I nodded as Emma followed Olivia and climbed the window.

They all reached to the ground, but I was still in my bedroom. I glanced at Mikhail's painting and his black cap, I took them and put them in my backpack. I needed something to keep reminding me of him, for my own reassurance.