• Abience •

"I run away when things are good..

..and never really understood."

"What do you mean you want us to break up?!" I questioned, my body on the verge of trembling, collapsing, falling apart

"What do you mean you want us to break up?!" I questioned, my body on the verge of trembling, collapsing, falling apart. "Tell me you're kidding!" My voice weakened, as my eyes burned with tears.

"I'm sorry." Mikhail swallowed, unable to look me in the eyes.

I looked away, biting the bottom of my lips. I wasn't in a functional state to realize any of my surroundings.

Not so long ago, we were the happiest, most contented couple ever. Everyone envied us for how perfect we were together. And now he can't even look me in the eyes?

Mikhail had been completely ignoring me for two days after our vacation at Venice. Every time I called to check on him, he kept telling me he was too busy with work that he couldn't have at least a five minutes conversation with me.

I knew something was off, but I had never expected it to be that heart wrenching. Wanting a break up was the last thing I could have had in mind thinking about all the odds and possibilities.

Has everything we went through been really that unworthy to say such nonsense?

Did it even matter to him?

Was this feeling ever real?

Tears of pity fell down my cheeks, it was pity for myself, for thinking that what we had actually meant anything.

"Have I done something wrong?" I hardly contained my sobs, staring at his blurry figure that couldn't dare look at my direction. "What happened for all of this?!

He stuttered for a moment, as though he had something to regret about, as though he knew he was guilty for letting me get attached to him.

I was foolish after all.

"You did nothing wrong." He slowly shook his head, gazing at the floor. "This has nothing to do with you. I'm the one you should blame."

"Blame you for what? For willing to break my heart?" I leaned closer, crying my eyes out. I could feel the ache of my chest as I gripped on his shirt with despair. "Or blame you for not wanting to stick to your promise?"

He blinked several times, to help hold in his tears. "Both." he whispered.

I closed my eyes shut, inhaling a breath. "We can fix that. Look, I'm sure whatever you're struggling with, we can find a solution for it together." I stared at him, waiting for an answer.