• Solitude •

"When I'm away from you, I'm happier than ever."

"Wish I could explain it better."

"I wish it wasn't true."

Walking through the school's hallway, I heard everyone whispering to each other while looking at the professor in a taunting way

I knew what was that about, so I wasn't startled much.

"I can't believe he takes himself too seriously." I heard a girl whispering and mocking with her friends behind me. "Does he think he can now be a genius inventor or what? What a joke."

"His family must be too embarrassed with him anyway." A guy from the other side of the hallay mocked with his two guy friends.

I reached for my locker, opened it and grabbed my psychology books for the next class.

I then found Jack Benjamin, the football champion and one of the most popular guys in our school giving me a charming smirk as he leaned on the locker next to me. "Have you heard about Dexter's Laboratory?"

With a chuckle of irony, I closed my locker, leaned on it and nodded at him. "Yeah. Yeah, I did."

"In fact, she's the one who discovered that secret." Olivia giggled, wrapping her arms around Jack's neck, who I forgot to mention, is Olivia's boyfriend since the 8th grade.

"Wow! Evelyn. You've become somehow useful after all." Jack uttered with a teasing smirk, which I responded back with an irritated curled lip.

"But that's really strange, Evelyn." Olivia knitted her brows, as though many questions were wandering her head. "How did you know about that lab in the first place?"

"Uh, umm- I heard the teacher talking about it on the phone with someone in secret. And then I saw some inventory drawings he did inside his diary." I said, playing with my fingers as I suddenly spotted the professor passing by us with a furious yet flustered expression.

Clearing my throat, I headed to my classroom as I yelled back to Jack and Olivia. "I've got to go, I have a class."

Five minutes were left for the psychology class to start. I waited on my desk as I kept playing with my pen, hoping I don't get to encounter the professor or even make eye conctact with him at all.

I've had enough with complaining and explaining myself.

Suddenly, the door got harshly opened and the professor glared at me then shut the door behind him.

"What have you done, Evelyn?" he reached to me, whispering aggressively.

I rolled my eyes with a sigh. "I did what I had to do."

"We had a deal." he pointed at me, sweating. "Which means you shouldn't have scandalled me like that!"

Leaning my knees on the desk, I narrowed my eyes closer at him. "Well you said that deal was over, so I should do whatever I desire."