Chapter Twelve

There was a crushing ache in his chest as the two girls embraced. Like a painting, like something from a story. It wasn't something anyone could remain ignorant of, not as the broken sobs filled the room. Because, yes, they'd all loved, and yes they'd all lost but Mary... Sirius who had been imprisoned with his grief, and Remus who had drowned in it. It was Mary who had been left all alone, with her unopened voicemails to Remus and the guilt that had built up in her stomach. She had made a place for herself, he supposed, away from the wizarding world and the devastation that had occurred in her life. Remus had been stuck in between the cracks of two worlds, the outcasts of society, though of course it had been no fault of his own... but Mary, she had a family, she had friends she'd met along the way and now she'd been thrown back into the world she'd so desperately tried to escape from. 

After what seemed like minutes Mary pulled away from Lily, opening her arms out to him. "It's nice to see you again Potter." She said quietly. They hugged, for minutes, for minutes of James wishing and wishing that his death, his and Lily's, hadn't affected people as much as it had. Which was foolish, of course, it was a foolish thing to wish. You couldn't have friends you would willingly die for, have a family you had died for, and people not be upset by your murder. But then, if there had been no one left to mourn him, would his life really have been something to miss? Something to come back to in the first place?

He supposed he just wished it hadn't been Sirius and Remus and Mary who had been left behind. He supposed he wished that if they'd have had to go, the people who would be left behind had come with them. Which was selfish and awful of him. He was glad they weren't dead. 

James glanced behind her, first catching the eye of a confused looking man who he supposed must be the husband Remus had spoken of, then the terrified eye of a girl who looked around eight, her dark brown eyes wide as he smiled at her. 

Mary looked back at her family, a small smile on her face as she gripped Sirius in her arms. 

"Adam, Melissa, April don't you want to meet them?" She smiled sadly back at him and Lily.  "Adam James, Melissa Lily, and April Marlene Brown of course." And he felt his heart break. 

"What happened to never taking your husband's name?" Lily batted her in the arm teasingly, though James could see tears building up in her green eyes.

"I didn't want to be Mary MacDonald any longer after everything that had happened." Mary replied softly as her and Lily hugged once more, springing apart when the pad of feet sounded down the stairs. 

His daughter blushed as they all turned to her. "Sorry." 

Mary exhaled. "Merlin, they both look just like you."

Sirius snorted . "Well they are their children." 

"God you couldn't be serious for one second could you?" Mary grumbled, chucking a pen at him. Sirius ducked easily, already laughing, and Anya casually plucked the object out of the air, making the rest of them double over laughing. 

Anya blinked in surprise. "What?" 

"You're just like your dad." Mary wheezed. "He used to that all the time." 

"Well." He walked over to where they were both stood, ruffling Harry's messy hair in the process. "They are both just like me. Anya plays chaser and Harry plays seeker. Youngest Gryffindor seeker in a century at least." He replied proudly, and for a moment James forgot everything except the ecstatic looks on his children.

"What's quidditch?" said a small voice. They all looked over to where Marys children were stood, the youngest - a small girl of around six - was peering up at them all. 

"Potter!" Came Mary's warning, though James could hear the smile in her voice. He nudged Lily, wrapping his arm around her waist. 

"I didn't say anything MacDonald." He smiled down at his wife. "Do you not want to sit down? Surely There's some people who want to discuss the more technical things right now?"

"Pfffft. Only Lily and Remus want to discuss the more technical stuff." 

James heard Remus grumble something under his breath but chose not to hear it. Instead he smiled softly at the three children stood behind their parents. "I'll teach you quidditch later." He promised gently. 

"God, one day people will be bending over backwards for James Potter to teach them quidditch." 

James smiled softly. "I hope so."

__

A/N:

First of all sorry if the spacing is weird - I'm using my laptop. 

Second of all ahhhhhhhhh. I would 100 percent marry Sirius Black but James has stolen my heart in this chapter. 

Third of all, I have already asked this but no one replied, so would anyone like Lily to be pregnant during this story? Because honestly even if only one person replies I will do it, but only if at least one person replies. 

Lastly, I'm not very sure when this story will end but I'm thinking in a few chapters (I've never finished a story before, I'm very excited) so this will be what it will include (In order): 

-Golden trio reunion

-James and Lily meeting Anya and Harry's friends 

-Anya and the Beauxbatons girl reunion (you know the one she went to the Yule ball with) 

-Full Marauders reunion (Aka James fights Peter with a lot of sadness)

-(may include) Lily and petunia reunion. Don't know if I can forgive her but I might include it

-Lily and James revealing they're alive to the wizarding world

-Lily and James waving goodbye to Harry and Anya on the platform

-the Marauders era characters starting to find the horcruxes