18|You're precious!

_____
+A mothers opinion weighs a lot+
_____

[You're precious!]

David

My mother will not leave me alone. She is basically on her hands and knees, begging to meet Addilyn. I shouldn't have let her get onto her knees. Now I will never be able to say no.

"It's up to Addilyn, mom," I sigh. "but I will ask her."

She jumped up, a huge smile on her face. She insists that I'm in love with Addilyn, which I am not.

"What are you waiting for, boy? Go ask! Now!" I scurry off as she yells at me to ask.

I run to my room, and facetime Lynny. I almost hang up before she answers. She has a little sweat on her forehead and her hair in a ponytail.

"H-hi, Davey," she greets softly.

"Hi Addilyn. I had a question, are you busy?"

"Uhhh," she walks somewhere and I hear a door close. "Nope! What's up?"

"My mom wants to meet you. She was literally on her hands and knees, begging to meet you," I sigh, ready for her to say hell no.

"I wo-would love,love to meet her!" she smiles brightly as if I had just made her day.

"Oh. Cool. Okay. Uh. Can you come over?" I try to wrap my head around this.

"Give me an hour?" she asks.

"Yeah, okay. I'll text you my address. Bye, Lynny," I flop back onto my bed after hanging up. I text her address then toss my phone to the floor somewhere.

I groan, rubbing my hands over my face. Deciding to get up, I change and leave my room to tell my mom that Addilyn will be over in about an hour.

She begins to panic. Apparently she needs to make a six course meal to, and I quote, "meet my first girlfriend."

I try to tell her that we aren't dating but she wasn't having it. By the time Addilyn is supposed to arrive, my mother has the table set, candles lit, she has prayed about eight times, and is nagging me to change into something nice.

I argue saying that me and Addilyn never dress up and that Lyn probably wouldn't anyway.

She gets pissed but it doesn't matter because there is a knock on the door. I give my mom a knowing glare and go to open the door.

I open it and am starstruck when I see her. She looks gorgeous. She is in a light yellow dress that compliments her perfectly, her hair curled, makeup done. She wears a pair of white sandals and beautiful silver flower earrings.

"Hi, Lynny," I mumble, backing up in an invite.

She says hello, walking in. She sees my mom and immediately my mother is bombarding her with questions and compliments. I see Addilyn become overwhelmed as she tried to keep a smile on her face and answer all of the questions.

"Mom, that's enough," I interject.

"Oh, goodness! I am so sorry. You're precious, my dear!" Addilyn thanks her.

My mom has us sit at the table to eat so we do. She asks Lynny fewer questions now, and Addilyn laughs with her and answers them all.

I can tell she is still having bad anxiety and that she probably didn't take her ADHD meds, because her leg shakes up and down as her stutter gets worse.

I think fast, placing my hand on her thigh. That always helps.

I rub circles and slowly, her leg stops shaking, and her breathing returns to normal. It was such a simple act that happened in less than a second and my mother had no suspicions.

Thank god.

Lynny continues to talk and I just watch her, listening to all of it as I admire her.

I want to date this girl. I want the chance to love her.

_____

A/N: I am a terrible author, I know. I give short chapters. Slight writers block, I'm working on it.